Re: Whaddup All? I'm baaaaaaack...

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:23 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:51 am
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:38 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:25 pm
Trump comes out of nowhere, wins against all odds, and does what he promised as a candidate; how can it get any more Martian than that? What was Dan looking for, a peaceful Marxist revolution? Submission to The Matriarchy?
Ralph Nader or Ron Paul who would probably be doing better or would block the Military Industrial Complex. The better versions of outsiders we had.
They ran for president and got annilated. Obviously, they weren't Martians.
bUT THEY WERE ALIENS. sOFTENNING THINGS UP FOR THE NEXT mARTIAN.
Fife wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:44 am
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:38 am
Motherfucker, there are barely any regulars.
On the contrary, you, for example, are quite regular. At being an autistic aspie motherfucker, motherfucker.

Also, be motherfucking thankful there isn't a literacy test, motherfucker.
No numbers = No numbers motherfucker.

katarn

Post by katarn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:39 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Trump comes out of nowhere, wins against all odds, and does what he promised as a candidate; how can it get any more Martian than that? What was Dan looking for, a peaceful Marxist revolution? Submission to The Matriarchy?
I'd say Dan was looking for a Martian who would be nicer. Remember the image Dan always liked of a hypothetical show where two guys in suits sat down in a room and talked politics over cigars? I think Dan won't commit until he gets the total package because to him, the character of a politician is as important as the actions of the politician, which is a gap that goes back to the debate on whether officials are representatives of the people or representatives in themselves and elected by the people.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:44 am

I’m willing to bet that Martians don’t smoke cigars. Dan obviously has no life experience outside of media.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:49 am

katarn wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:39 am
Martin Hash wrote:
I'd say Dan was looking for a Martian who would be nicer. Remember the image Dan always liked of a hypothetical show where two guys in suits sat down in a room and talked politics over cigars? I think Dan won't commit until he gets the total package because to him, the character of a politician is as important as the actions of the politician, which is a gap that goes back to the debate on whether officials are representatives of the people or representatives in themselves and elected by the people.
IIRC, it was all a paean to old B/W PBS/BBC political shows, and the old Firing Line, or something. And shit.

Thinks were a lot simpler at the dawning of 2015; back before the deplorable ghetto Martians landed, unexpectedly.

Common Sense 287 – Black & White Questions with Cigarettes

Dan's asking $0.99 for episodes of his defunct show now?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:54 am

katarn wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Trump is a Martian. It's really unfortunate that many important campaign goals were ignored by the press and establishment. One of the biggest was his opposition to endless wars for no reason. That was right down Dan's alley. Imagine the change Dan could have helped with had he got on board with that. Instead Dan acted like Trump could offer nothing good.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Old Dan Carlin: We have to be careful not to become so sensitive to social and racial issues that we disregard science and fact because it’s findings aren’t polically correct.

New Dan Carlin: Trump is nuclear Hitler.

/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:54 am
katarn wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Trump is a Martian. It's really unfortunate that many important campaign goals were ignored by the press and establishment. One of the biggest was his opposition to endless wars for no reason. That was right down Dan's alley. Imagine the change Dan could have helped with had he got on board with that. Instead Dan acted like Trump could offer nothing good.
He still did nothing to reduce the National Offense budget.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am

Why should he reduce it?

Why not reduce welfare instead?

Why do you target the lesser expense all the time and ignore the bigger problem?

People state we should reduce the defense budget as a matter of self-evident truth, but why should we do that when we are the dominant power in the world. How did that work out for the Romans (not so well)?

We could, for instance, spend the money more wisely. End the boondoggle programs like the F-35 and get something good instead. That's one option. We can reshuffle the expenses in other ways like cutting back on carrier fleets and expanding projects in the upcoming Space Force.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:23 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am
Why should he reduce it?

Why not reduce welfare instead?

Why do you target the lesser expense all the time and ignore the bigger problem?

People state we should reduce the defense budget as a matter of self-evident truth, but why should we do that when we are the dominant power in the world. How did that work out for the Romans (not so well)?

We could, for instance, spend the money more wisely. End the boondoggle programs like the F-35 and get something good instead. That's one option. We can reshuffle the expenses in other ways like cutting back on carrier fleets and expanding projects in the upcoming Space Force.

The F-35 is one hell of a plane - just cost more than it should because of corruption. Viper and Hornets are falling apart - literally. 30years of 7+ G turns takes a toll...

Leftist will never cut social programs because it's their power base....and they believe that the proles have no other options....

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:24 am

We could cut back on a staggeringly expensive Federal Government.

Theoretically.

But good luck getting the Federal Government to go along with that.

/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"