Forum Stats

Martin Hash

Re: Forum Stats

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:53 am

StA saw where I was banned from my local Progressive FB page for no reason other than I was making converts. I'd be interested in his opinion about "Free Speech"?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:59 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:49 am
My feelings about "Free Speech" have changed since I spent the last 6 months posting heavily to FB for my campaign. People saying whatever they want about someone else, especially the host, is not going to fly. OTOH, the line where abuse ends and censorship starts generates a tremendous amount of animosity. I can only say that anyone who wants to diss me personally, or say something to me here that they would not say in my presence, is going to have their post deleted. I've seen a couple attacks on Monte and Farmer that I would also delete in the future. I can't think of any reason to ban anyone, and have never banned anyone (real). I'm also not going to play word games: I post for fun. Most people post for fun. It better fucking stay fun.
It will just backfire. You will end up with liberals like Monty, Flounder, and TC demanding criticism be purged while they libel others every single day.

I mean, shit, I just got accused of hating women for posting facts about poor agricultural regulations.

If you do it, it better be even handed, because frankly the main culprits, just as in the rest of social media, are the lefties.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:01 am

Is there a difference in deleting a post vs. having "rules"? Monte has flagged posts where he was accused of being a child molester. If I simply delete such posts, will that change the essence of the discussion?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:02 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:53 am
StA saw where I was banned from my local Progressive FB page for no reason other than I was making converts. I'd be interested in his opinion about "Free Speech"?
I think the best strategy to combat that is to fight fire with fire. You need a social media team to take these people on, brigade their shit like they did to your shit, and have others file nonstop abuse complaints against them.

Facebook only punishes non-lefties, so your only recourse is to reciprocate, and since you are a democrat you can probably get away with it.

What I saw on that page was organized, btw. It was not just random people. At least, not the biggest rabble rousers.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:01 am
Is there a difference in deleting a post vs. having "rules"? Monte has flagged posts where he was accused of being a child molester. If I simply delete such posts, will that change the essence of the discussion?
Child molester stuff was fucked up, but I have been accused of being a rapist and worse. I probably take more abuse like this than them by a wide margin. They also are the primary initiators of such abuse, so I hardly feel sorry for the crybabies.

It has been my experience that the people most often calling for censorship of abuse against them are themselves among the greatest abusers. They weaponized censorship policies to further their abuse.

Often the examples they give are themselves the natural response of the endless abuse they dish out to others. Then they cry over it and demand their victims be punished for hitting back.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:07 am

When I run next time, I'm not going to post political to FB. What I found out was that novices can't recognize briganding, and even though I always won those exchanges (hence, the ban), normal folks got a bad impression of me. Briganding works. I don't want any fucking briganding here.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:09 am

I think it's called brigading

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:12 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:09 am
I think it's called brigading
Got it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:13 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:07 am
When I run next time, I'm not going to post political to FB. What I found out was that novices can't recognize briganding, and even though I always won those exchanges (hence, the ban), normal folks got a bad impression of me. Briganding works. I don't want any fucking briganding here.
Oh, I noticed it right away.

It takes only a little organization and planning to make a mass negative response to something seem organic.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:14 am

If somebody is being called a "child molester," flag it. If it's intentional abuse, I'll delete the damn thing. Don't be a pussy though; you flag it, I'll review it.