Kath 2.0

Kath

Re: Kath 2.0

Post by Kath » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:08 pm

de officiis wrote:
Well, it seems to me that a big part of the problem was that you and Martin never agreed upon what the standards for moderation were in advance. Or at least, if you did agree to them, they weren't published to the forum. If the standard is "no standards," then the job of the moderator is limited to helping with registering new members and deleting spammer accounts. OTOH, if there were standards, they should have been made clear from the get-go so everyone would know what they were. Or if Martin didn't care, then you guys could've thrown the question open to the forum for discussion and consensus. Not having taken any of those steps, you were left to just doing whatever seemed expedient, which naturally was viewed as arbitrary and capricious, particularly if the actions were based on personal or emotional motivations. I am not saying the fault is all yours, perhaps Martin should've made a larger effort to work these issues out with you at the start, but you had to know the circumstances were ripe for igniting a shitstorm, given how they unfolded.
There were never any standards.

I think the primary point is that I didn't want the job anymore. During that week, I didn't touch a single post without Martin's full knowledge and consent, so it's not like I went completely rogue.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:11 pm

But you did go rouge.

Kath

Post by Kath » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:But you did go rouge.

If the owner knows it's happening and okays it, how rouge can it be?

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:15 pm

/sigh

No rulers.

No rulers.

No rulers.

The existence of any office below that of Proprietor is poison. And the most effective kind of poison, that that offers candy to the victim to climb inside the van.

viewtopic.php?p=162863#p162863

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Kath

Post by Kath » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Fife wrote:/sigh

No rulers.
Keep up. I'm no longer in the ruling class. I'm just a prole 'round these parts, now.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:20 pm

I'll also say that when DBTrek started taking me to task for it, that was about where I decided it was time to wrap it up, DB is sort of my Forum Mentor, once DB says "that's enough, knock it off", that's what I use as my guide.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I'll also say that when DBTrek started taking me to task for it, that was about where I decided it was time to wrap it up, DB is sort of my Forum Mentor, once DB says "that's enough, knock it off", that's what I use as my guide.
We could all do a lot worse; DB is a fucking virtuoso on sending not-ready-for-prime-time players down the poop-chute to the internet ash-pile. It's one of our current unfavorable metrics on this forum: fresh fish to be sorted out on the loading dock.

:twisted:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fife wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I'll also say that when DBTrek started taking me to task for it, that was about where I decided it was time to wrap it up, DB is sort of my Forum Mentor, once DB says "that's enough, knock it off", that's what I use as my guide.
We could all do a lot worse; DB is a fucking virtuoso on sending not-ready-for-prime-time players down the poop-chute to the internet ash-pile. It's one of our current unfavorable metrics on this forum: fresh fish to be sorted out on the loading dock.

:twisted:
Well, bear in mind, at that point, DB said knock it off, Marty made specific request, I did stop, full stop, and I didn't bring it up again. I didn't mention it again until Kath was bringing it back up and calling me out by name for it, and not just once, and not in passing, but relentlessly, over and over in several different threads.
It was tedious, but what isn't? Other than Gesture Bombing with access to the public credit card, I mean.

Pimpin' ain't easy; but it's necessary.

"No Rulers," just watch that one rule, and we'll be okie-dokie, thankyouverymuch.