If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

DBTrek

Re: If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:27 pm

I stayed away from the kindergarten thread because anything involving Monte and 5 year olds is a recipe for explosive disaster drama in this place.
I figured it was just the next battlefront in the Monte clubGOP war.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Penner

Re: If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Post by Penner » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Fife wrote:Being a professional is fundamentally inconsistent with being in a union.

Especially a government union.

Welfare queens, the lot of them.
Overall, unions even for a specific profession- or just general labors- whether or not it's public or private- usually upholds standards among its members. Sure there is always internal union politics but that is beside the point (and even we have our own internal politics with everyone trying to turn on Kath). Unions tend to improve not only working conditions but allow workers to execute their right to public bargain for better pay/perks, and also uphold and strength standards. If there is a bad teacher that is usually on the employer side who hired side employer. In most school districts around me, the final say of hiring a new teacher comes from the school board- and it's all made up of elected members- so goes to show what is going on. Also, I don't want to burst your bubble but even the Catholic school teachers have their own separate unions.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 pm

Penner wrote: Catholic school teachers have their own separate unions.
I have no issue with private unions, as long as employees aren't required to be in the union and pay dues.

Public unions are evil and must be destroyed.
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:37 pm

DBTrek wrote:I stayed away from the kindergarten thread because anything involving Monte and 5 year olds is a recipe for explosive disaster drama in this place.
I figured it was just the next battlefront in the Monte clubGOP war.
TBF at the time posts were being redirected to it, it was called ''hockey spam containment thread''.
I started it as ''Olympics thread'' but it got instantly jacked.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
20 pages of off topic posts in an hour, or something like it.

I found a picture of Smitty:

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Kath wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
20 pages of off topic posts in an hour, or something like it.

I found a picture of Smitty:

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

Pretty sure Smitty is pretty good at maintaining cover, though.

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Kath wrote:
Penner wrote: Catholic school teachers have their own separate unions.
I have no issue with private unions, as long as employees aren't required to be in the union and pay dues.

Public unions are evil and must be destroyed.
Public unions keep their employers from taking advantage them and it's a right. All workers, whether public or private is allowed to bargain collectively.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Wherein we are treated to "teachers" = "muh workers."

LOL, thanks.

:goteam: :drunk:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Penner wrote: Public unions keep their employers from taking advantage them and it's a right. All workers, whether public or private is allowed to bargain collectively.
Public employees are paid by citizen’s taxes and work for institutions paid for by the public.

What right does a public employee have to bargain against the citizenry of the United States?

Sounds like some backward ass logic to me.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Penner wrote: Public unions keep their employers from taking advantage them and it's a right. All workers, whether public or private is allowed to bargain collectively.
Public employees are paid by citizen’s taxes and work for institutions paid for by the public.

What right does a public employee have to bargain against the citizenry of the United States?

Sounds like some backward ass logic to me.

Every worker has rights. To deny the rights of public works is still denying rights to the workers.