If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Fife

Re: If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:16 am

DBTrek wrote:SPAM - Smitty Participation And Message-jacking.

That’s the spam that shall not be tinkered with, lest bullshit occur and snowball into larger bullshit.

At least, that’s what I think is going on. The fight got old about fifteen threads ago so I stopped reading.
I was pretty chill just doing my normal routine about the Free Fire Zone; and then I got hauled off to the Mayberry courthouse last Friday night.

My posts started disappearing as fast I could put them up, without even so much as a "kiss my ass," public or private, as notice.

THAT rustled my jimmies. That bullshit actually happened, on this very forum.

Fuck that.

K@th

Re: If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:18 am

Fife wrote:
If we don't supplicate the sheriff, we can't have nice things.
Sure. Go with that. I'm just over here, NOT moderating shit, and still it's my fault? Go figure.

Somebody please tell Martin to fire me.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:19 am

Fife wrote:
My posts started disappearing as fast I could put them up, without even so much as a "kiss my ass," public or private, as notice. .
Hmm. take that up with Martin. I deleted ZERO of your posts.
Account abandoned.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:20 am

I’m starting to feel like I’m back in third grade.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:49 am

de officiis wrote:I’m starting to feel like I’m back in third grade.
That's what happens when you let children shit in the sandbox and refuse to let the grown ups clean up the mess.

Love today's avatar, btw..... totally awesome.
Account abandoned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:54 am

To hell with the grown ups. If they want something, they can ask nice, and they would probably get most of what they want.

This sandbox is here for all of us. Martin named it the "Free Speech Space."

Grown ups should know how to get what they want with persuasion, not a kill switch.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 am

Montegriffo wrote:What if people don't want to cede the playground to the playground bullies?
Well here are the choices.

Martin could shut down the playground.... (in a replay of the last school yard that we met in)

Kath could cede moderator status... as she may have done.

Allowing the playground to be swamped with ice zombies.

Martin seems to not have shut down the playground... and as far as I can tell the ice zombies have not yet arrived.

Beyond that it's school yard rules as it ever was.

Do what you do... knuckle sandwiches, pleas for mercy, appeals to authority, mute resigned acceptance.... whatever your stick is.

Life is kindergarden forever.... hate to break it to ya.

I think I know Marty... and he is a free range school yard monitor if I ever saw one.
Last edited by DrYouth on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:56 am

Fife wrote:To hell with the grown ups. If they want something, they can ask nice, and they would probably get most of what they want.

This sandbox is here for all of us. Martin named it the "Free Speech Space."

Grown ups should know how to get what they want with persuasion, not a kill switch.
I tried multiple times. No effect.
Oh well, I'll just log off for now and come back when the kiddies are in bed.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am

Fife wrote:
I was pretty chill just doing my normal routine about the Free Fire Zone; and then I got hauled off to the Mayberry courthouse last Friday night.

My posts started disappearing as fast I could put them up, without even so much as a "kiss my ass," public or private, as notice.

THAT rustled my jimmies. That bullshit actually happened, on this very forum.

Fuck that.
Really?
I didn’t know that.
I thought this was all a Capps and Smitty vs Monte and Kath brawl.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am

Fife wrote:

Meh, that worked fine on DCF where there were dozens of voices to drown out spam created by two. Now, people can only have a conversation if Smitty approves.

Far fewer participants.
A small subset of those want to participate in any given discussion.
A subset of those only come around every once in awhile.

Far easier for two trolls to shit up a thread in a couple of hours. Especially if we are in peak retard season, because they can't go outside. Who wants to come back here after a week to find the conversation they were having went from 3 to 40 pages in a week, and most of it is spam? Why bother coming back?

So, six people want to talk Olympics, but don't have the ability to post non-stop about it, because there's not a ton to say? No can do, Smitts doesn't approve. He'll shit up your thread so fast.

So, we have 100 Olympics threads, instead.

Win/win! :goteam:
Account abandoned.