If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Montegriffo

Re: If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:18 am

DrYouth wrote:I mean there you go...

Educators are now just cogs in an industrial education system...

Either coddled and protected cogs... or alternatively disposable cogs to be thrown out and replaced as necessary...

I believe educators were once respected and had earned authority.

No longer.

As for internet forum moderators... it remains to be seen.
First people need to understand the difference between moderation and censorship, then maybe a sensible discussion can be had.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Re: If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:24 am

... thought Martin already said no rules.
What’s left to discuss?

It’s like complaining about NFL players kneeling during the anthem after the NFL says it’s ok. Decision has been made.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:32 am

DBTrek wrote:... thought Martin already said no rules.
It's going very well, I think.
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:32 am

DBTrek wrote:... thought Martin already said no rules.
What’s left to discuss?

It’s like complaining about NFL players kneeling during the anthem after the NFL says it’s ok. Decision has been made.
/shrug
Can still argue for reasonable behavior even if it can't be enforced by rules. Of course if people aren't prepared to be reasonable it's a waste of time and two dozen regular posters will become one dozen and eventually just a pair.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 am

But now it's a control battle and all reasonableness is off the table.

It's a battle for supremacy.... and supremacy is a life and death struggle...

You must know that about Smitty.

His world view is conquer or be conquered and Smitty (and Cappy too I guess) will entertain no compromises.

So either engage and battle to the end... or walk away from the schoolyard antics... and allow them the idea that they have conquered the kindergarden.

They will have all the cookies and OJ! And drink it from the skulls of the other 6 year olds!!

To Marty this is gym class and the only strongest will survive....

By the way, who has the conch.... Oh ya.... Piggy has it and he's dead.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:58 am

What if people don't want to cede the playground to the playground bullies?

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:00 am

DrYouth wrote:
You must know that about Smitty.
Indeed. The forum has spoken. They view Smitty's right to censor threads he doesn't like as more important than anything else. Smitty won. The war is over, as far as I'm concerned. I've got no beef with Smitty. He made his case. I made mine. They chose spam over content organization.

Woot!

I'm only here to approve any and all new user requests. That's my only job, now.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:09 am

Who voted for not deleting spam?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 am

SPAM - Smitty Participation And Message-jacking.

That’s the spam that shall not be tinkered with, lest bullshit occur and snowball into larger bullshit.

At least, that’s what I think is going on. The fight got old about fifteen threads ago so I stopped reading.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:14 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Who voted for not deleting spam?
Don't you understand?

Petty tyranny is the price we pay to not have spam. The functions of muh state are inseparable.

If we don't supplicate the sheriff, we can't have nice things.