If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Hwen Hoshino

If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:53 am

Or something that evokes that image. That is what their brand should be. Authority to do a task but no high social status associated with it.

Speaker to Animals

Re: If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:31 am

Fuck you. Garbage men are noble workers. Don't associate them with what just happened in this forum.

Ex-California

Re: If we were to have mods they should have avatars of identifying them as garbage man

Post by Ex-California » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:43 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Fuck you. Garbage men are noble workers. Don't associate them with what just happened in this forum.
Garbage men and utility workers (gas, electricity, sewer, etc) are more important to civilization that police, fire, or any other government worker
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:17 am

California wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Fuck you. Garbage men are noble workers. Don't associate them with what just happened in this forum.
Garbage men and utility workers (gas, electricity, sewer, etc) are more important to civilization that police, fire, or any other government worker
Unless you’re part of the 48% receiving some form of government subsidy or support. In which case the “money redistributors” are the most important.
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:29 pm

In the past merchants and entertainers were among the despised classes...

Now they are the upper echelon.

Independent landholding farmers in the meantime rank at about the level of schoolteachers and mid-low level bank employees.

The times change.

I don't see any reason to make moderators into a class of untouchables...

Maybe we should even afford them some pomp... perhaps a nice type face to honour their status...

They are putting in time to keep this place running smoothly... I would say they deserve considerably more than your contempt.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:15 pm

DrYouth wrote:In the past merchants and entertainers were among the despised classes...

Now they are the upper echelon.

Independent landholding farmers in the meantime rank at about the level of schoolteachers and mid-low level bank employees.

The times change.

I don't see any reason to make moderators into a class of untouchables...

Maybe we should even afford them some pomp... perhaps a nice type face to honour their status...

They are putting in time to keep this place running smoothly... I would say they deserve considerably more than your contempt.

Teachers are usually considered to be lower than police, landholding farmers, etc....

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:22 am

Penner wrote: Teachers are usually considered to be lower than police, landholding farmers, etc....
I mean that goes to show doesn't it...

I believe teachers were well respected in the days that few had education.

Nowadays they rank just above janitors and waitstaff.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:24 am

Being a professional is fundamentally inconsistent with being in a union.

Especially a government union.

Welfare queens, the lot of them.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:26 am

DrYouth wrote:
Penner wrote: Teachers are usually considered to be lower than police, landholding farmers, etc....
I mean that goes to show doesn't it...

I believe teachers were well respected in the days that few had education.

Nowadays they rank just above janitors and waitstaff.

Eh...

Janitors and food servers get fired if they fail to clean the premise or serve the correct plates to the appropriate tables.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:11 am

I mean there you go...

Educators are now just cogs in an industrial education system...

Either coddled and protected cogs... or alternatively disposable cogs to be thrown out and replaced as necessary...

I believe educators were once respected and had earned authority.

No longer.

As for internet forum moderators... it remains to be seen.