We're Under Attack

Speaker to Animals

Re: We're Under Attack

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:39 pm

:roll:

So you admit that they are perfectly capable of speaking the form of English used by government, media, universities, and professional employers, but you want to talk to them like animals and you are definitely not racist in any way.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote::roll:

So you admit that they are perfectly capable of speaking the form of English used by government, media, universities, and professional employers, but you want to talk to them like animals and you are definitely not racist in any way.
They talk to themselves that way, they don't seem to mind or think it's speaking to each other like they are animals, and they certainly don't view the existence of channel that speaks in pidgin as a way to talk down to them. You're the one who thinks that, not them, not me, but you. You are projecting your views on others, not the other way around.
*yip*

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It isn't elitism. There can be only one dialect spoken in universities, legislatures, and the official media of a nation (who has one). If you want to go hang out in Little Jamaica, learning a bit of pigeon English is well-advised. But to deprive immigrants of the opportunity to learn English spoken in the halls of power and in education -- that's fucking evil and that's exactly what is happening. We almost did the same thing here in America in the 1990s with ebonics. Thank God the liberals weren't able to handicap blacks with that too.

Use the form of language appropriate to the context in which you are communicating. That's not difficult to understand. Or it shouldn't be, unless you hate your own nation and want to see it destroyed.
They're trying to bring it back now though.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5145/vide ... t-kraychik

And I'm totally on your side that this BBC Pidgin is overt racism in the way of the soft bigotry of low expectations, but that doesn't mean i can't laugh at the absurdity of it all
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:49 pm

World richest man, Bill Gates, don talk say Nigeria na one of di main places where im don dey put eye since.

Mr Gates tell dis one to BBC News Pidgin.

Im talk say Nigeria dey very "important" for di world and for di kain work wey im Foundation dey do because of di country population.

Mr Gates still tell BBC News Pidgin say di health situation for Northern Nigeria dey very challenging.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:58 pm

I'm partial to Ebonics: Ebonics Translator
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
“I’ve had lots of training” :lol:

This looks like satire.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Her Majesty speaking pidgin, just to be politically correct?
No, to be understood.
No point in the BBC wasting the licence fee broadcasting to subjects in a language they don't understand is there?
You really are a bigot, then.

Everyone on my wife's island speaks pidgin english, and they speak spanish, and they can flip over to proper english like it's nothing. My wife can speak and read in middle and old english as well.

She was an english major in college and has studied linguistics, so fire away with the questions and we'll get some answers from someone who's actually studied it.

Soft bigotry of low expectations is all monty is.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:56 pm

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The proof in the pudding is that there is no Manchester slang version of the BBC.

There's no BBC Pikey Edition.

You only want to pretend like black Africans are only capable of understanding a form of English barely more sophisticated than how we speak to our dogs.

And then you accuse me of being an elitist for pointing out your racism. Wow.
No people hearing pidgin doesn't mean they can't learn english, you're the racist for coming to that conclusion. A pidgin channel existing is not evidence that people think they can't learn english faggot, what the fuck are you talkin bout?
That was monty's conclusion, btw.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:02 pm

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote::roll:

They talk to themselves that way, they don't seem to mind or think it's speaking to each other like they are animals, and they certainly don't view the existence of channel that speaks in pidgin as a way to talk down to them. You're the one who thinks that, not them, not me, but you. You are projecting your views on others, not the other way around.
Them talking to each other like that is not the same as the BBC talking to them like that.

My wife's family would be insulted as fuck if I tried to speak to them the way they speak to each other.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:18 pm

Maybe it's because I actually grew up around Carribean kids. To the liberals in relatively distant communities, maybe this makes them feel cosmopolitan and caring when, in fact, this could get your ass kicked.