We're Under Attack

StCapps

Re: We're Under Attack

Post by StCapps » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:53 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I like slang. I love slang. In it's own context, I think pigeon English is awesome.

What I wage war against is handicapping immigrants by depriving them the ability to speak the dialect of a language used in the academies and in the government. That's truly evil.

We all speak differently depending upon the context. You don't speak the same way around your family as you do your friends, and you speak differently in a university setting than you do at a bar after work. The key to getting on in life is knowing how best to communicate in a given context.

It helps immigrants exactly FUCK ALL to try speaking pigeon English in a college classroom and it certainly doesn't help them address grievances in government when you deprived them of the ability to speak the language used therein.
Who is arguing against that? No one. Who are you arguing with? People hearing pidgin doesn't prevent them from learning real english numbnuts, no one is saying don't teach them the real mccoy.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 am

The proof in the pudding is that there is no Manchester slang version of the BBC.

There's no BBC Pikey Edition.

You only want to pretend like black Africans are only capable of understanding a form of English barely more sophisticated than how we speak to our dogs.

And then you accuse me of being an elitist for pointing out your racism. Wow.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:56 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:The proof in the pudding is that there is no Manchester slang version of the BBC.

You only want to pretend like black Africans are only capable of understanding a form of English barely more sophisticated than how we speak to our dogs.

No people hearing pidgin doesn't mean they can't learn english, you're the racist for coming to that conclusion. A pidgin channel existing is not evidence that people think they can't learn english faggot, what the fuck are you talkin bout?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:00 am

There used to be this club on Eglinton in Toronto, called Sweetwater, big time West Indian club, and you'd have all these black guy's from North York, or Brampton, total hoser Canadians, but as soon as they were in the West Indian nightclub, suddenly they're all playing the tough guy and fronting pidgin, it was ridiculous, there was no Ali G back then, but that's what I would have called them, "step off, Ali G, before I slap the teeth out of your face, mon.."
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:07 am

Fife wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Her Majesty speaking pidgin, just to be politically correct?
No, to be understood.
No point in the BBC wasting the licence fee broadcasting to subjects in a language they don't understand is there?

"No point in the BBC" is all you had to say.
Ah ha, here we have what I suspect is the real source of animosity, not against pidgin English but a hatred of the BBC.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:11 am

Don't be late for the Two Minutes Hate.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:31 am

StCapps wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:The proof in the pudding is that there is no Manchester slang version of the BBC.

No people hearing pidgin doesn't mean they can't learn english, you're the racist for coming to that conclusion. A pidgin channel existing is not evidence that people think they can't learn english faggot, what the fuck are you talkin bout?

Where did I say people hearing pidgin means they can't learn English?

Maybe the English comprehension issues are your own.

And you admit they can understand English just fine, but you insist that you should be able to speak to them like dogs. That's wonderful, capps. You're totally not the racist here... White man's burden, I guess, amiright!?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:36 am

Go home, you're drunk.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:54 am

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:59 am

You're argument is to cry racist, at anyone who you perceive to disagree with you. Go home drunkard, racism is not under every rock.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*