Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:52 am

Those who have bigger than 250x250 pixels feel free to speak up.

heydaralon

Re: Avatar tricks for newbies

Post by heydaralon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:03 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:Those who have bigger than 250x250 pixels feel free to speak up.
find a free image resizing website.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:42 pm

I'm not aware of any way to make the avatar bigger than 250x250 because of pic related.

If you're talking about sigs that look clean like deo's you have to custom resize the image on the computer and host it in "original dimension" through an image hoster.

There are image hosters that will resize the image for you (I think there is a way on imgur but I'm unaware of how to do it on mobile,) but they are generally very generic preset resizes and not the slick sig banner size. The sites I'm aware of that allow you to resize to presets are tinypic and postimg. I always use imgoat to host images and it doesn't have a resize option I'm aware of but it is free speech and won't ban me for memes that hurt feefees.

Also, another cool trick if you are taking photos with phones and want to host them is sending them through tinypng first. It compresses the size down so they load faster for people with poor bandwidth. I don't know if it will compress gifs but I should find out because some gifs are too large for many image hosters. Maybe Martin's server will allow them though idk.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Another image hosting trick is to add the large image to a post and store it on the server. Then you can hotlink to it from everywhere.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:01 pm

Yeah technically Martin is an image hoster. Dan never was because of cost but Martin is rich so fuck that guy. I'm going to use him to host giant gifs.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:41 am

Nukedog wrote:Image

I'm not aware of any way to make the avatar bigger than 250x250 because of pic related.

If you're talking about sigs that look clean like deo's you have to custom resize the image on the computer and host it in "original dimension" through an image hoster.

There are image hosters that will resize the image for you (I think there is a way on imgur but I'm unaware of how to do it on mobile,) but they are generally very generic preset resizes and not the slick sig banner size. The sites I'm aware of that allow you to resize to presets are tinypic and postimg. I always use imgoat to host images and it doesn't have a resize option I'm aware of but it is free speech and won't ban me for memes that hurt feefees.

Also, another cool trick if you are taking photos with phones and want to host them is sending them through tinypng first. It compresses the size down so they load faster for people with poor bandwidth. I don't know if it will compress gifs but I should find out because some gifs are too large for many image hosters. Maybe Martin's server will allow them though idk.
You don't have to custom resize the image on the computer, I just find what the dimensions are of the image, then just use math the convert the sizes so the largest dimension is 250 and the the smaller dimension is whatever it converts to
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:31 am

Nukedog wrote: Also, another cool trick if you are taking photos with phones and want to host them is sending them through tinypng first. It compresses the size down so they load faster for people with poor bandwidth. I don't know if it will compress gifs but I should find out because some gifs are too large for many image hosters. Maybe Martin's server will allow them though idk.
Talking of bandwidth, does having a gif as my sig use up my data allowance everytime I post or just the first time I use it?

Yeah I know this is probably a dumb question but don't forget I'm an old fucker who's school never got it's first computer till the year I left.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:11 am

You don't have to custom resize the image on the computer, I just find what the dimensions are of the image, then just use math the convert the sizes so the largest dimension is 250 and the the smaller dimension is whatever it converts to
Maybe try reading what I posted again. And no, your gif doesn't effect bandwidth as a sig. It only needs be loaded fully once and then it's remembered by the computer.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:42 am

Cheers.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:24 am

Montegriffo wrote:Yeah I know this is probably a dumb question but don't forget I'm an old fucker who's school never got it's [sic] first computer till the year I left.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "