Give It Go, New People

Zlaxer

Re: Give It Go, New People

Post by Zlaxer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:56 am

Perhaps it's been a while since youve been to redit if you think people on here shitpost - granted we have trolls....but shit posts?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:59 am

heydaralon wrote:I am very saddened by all the personal attacks, casual racism, and general shitposting on this forum. It has not been easy for me to take the high road online, but I absolutely do.
How's the pyramid scheme coming along? :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:10 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I am very saddened by all the personal attacks, casual racism, and general shitposting on this forum. It has not been easy for me to take the high road online, but I absolutely do.
How's the pyramid scheme coming along? :lol:
Real well, thanks for asking! And please, we like to call it multi-level marketing. Pyramid scheme is...too... honest...
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:05 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:So you admit you eat dolphins.

Sometimes.

It would be healthier to eat the real thing.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:24 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:So you admit you eat dolphins.

Sometimes.

It would be healthier to eat the real thing.
I'll bet Hwen's family works in the factory that makes those for 19 hours a day.
Shikata ga nai

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:47 am

Should we do a 100 post grace period?

50?

10?

Welcome new people
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:47 am

California wrote:Should we do a 100 post grace period?

50?

10?

Welcome new people

No. That was a bad idea.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:53 am

We should do a 1900 post grace period. I would still be safe from all the bullying and harassment I get on this forum on a daily basis.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:00 pm

What actually happens is this:

Two kinds of people show up; (1) the kind of person who loves to debate and get into flame wars (i.e. one of us), (2) the kind of person who wants uber moderation and a forum where everybody agrees with his leftist opinions, and wants others silenced or bullied out of the forum. When (1) shows up, he sees that we have these huge debates and flame wars, gets ignored, and then figures he should look elsewhere and leaves. When (2) shows up, he gets special treatment for however long it takes him to get to 100 posts. Then he suddenly gets pummeled. But because he's been in the forum for a while, he doesn't want to leave and starts threads about how some opinions shouldn't be expressed or some people are so toxic, etc.

Forget that ridiculous nonsense about a grace period and initiate them right away. You will retain (1)'s and lose (2)'s right away without the drama.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:13 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:What actually happens is this:

Two kinds of people show up; (1) the kind of person who loves to debate and get into flame wars (i.e. one of us), (2) the kind of person who wants uber moderation and a forum where everybody agrees with his leftist opinions, and wants others silenced or bullied out of the forum. When (1) shows up, he sees that we have these huge debates and flame wars, gets ignored, and then figures he should look elsewhere and leaves. When (2) shows up, he gets special treatment for however long it takes him to get to 100 posts. Then he suddenly gets pummeled. But because he's been in the forum for a while, he doesn't want to leave and starts threads about how some opinions shouldn't be expressed or some people are so toxic, etc.

Forget that ridiculous nonsense about a grace period and initiate them right away. You will retain (1)'s and lose (2)'s right away without the drama.
hmm thats a good point. Personally, I think its pretty funny when someone new comes on here and encounters nukedog. Its kind of like trial by fire. I guess on the dancarlin subreddit you get person number 2 quite a bit.
Shikata ga nai