Lurkers, Give It a Shot

Hwen Hoshino

Re: Lurkers, Give It a Shot

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:48 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
katarn wrote:GCF is fine. He does a good job of being a contrarian, which we need, even if he isn't always running with a full tank of gas.
GCF is as soft as liquid poop coming out an 100 year old dead body when it comes to arguing anything.
At least I form complete sentences and thoughts on a regular basis.

When i do it, it ain't pretty but it is the result that counts.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:44 pm

:clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Penner wrote:

Overall, we need other opinions, to keep this place from being an echo chamber. The more the better. Also, we need more traffic coming into here with different opinions, etc....
We do need more folks, a diversity of thought and ideas is good, it's a shame more folks like Penner, GCF and Monte continued on here. But, I can't do anything about all lefties that were too intolerant to join us here.

Kath was here and also I remember Ooky. But it seems that Kath and Ooky have left. This place is basically a little echo chambers and it's just GCF, Mont, SSR, and me that would have different opinions from time to time Basically for a board/forum that prides itself on "free speech"/"free thought" this place basically only thinks/leans in one direction.
Ooky popped in once, but never really came over from the DCF. Kath did for a while, so you're right with her. trech retired from us, but anyone know what happened to people like Diatribalist or Warchild? Archilocus (or however it was spelled) was pretty good too.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:24 pm

I miss my Waleis. He was a great Leftie
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:45 pm

katarn wrote:
Penner wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
We do need more folks, a diversity of thought and ideas is good, it's a shame more folks like Penner, GCF and Monte continued on here. But, I can't do anything about all lefties that were too intolerant to join us here.

Kath was here and also I remember Ooky. But it seems that Kath and Ooky have left. This place is basically a little echo chambers and it's just GCF, Mont, SSR, and me that would have different opinions from time to time Basically for a board/forum that prides itself on "free speech"/"free thought" this place basically only thinks/leans in one direction.
Ooky popped in once, but never really came over from the DCF. Kath did for a while, so you're right with her. trech retired from us, but anyone know what happened to people like Diatribalist or Warchild? Archilocus (or however it was spelled) was pretty good too.
Archillious (I think that's how it was spelled) was one of my favourites. No-one cut like Archie cut.
Drtrech is only semi-retired, I still get mail from him explaining how dumb everybody is and why. Still pretends he's not coming back but carries on lurking anyway.....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Drtrech is only semi-retired, I still get mail from him explaining how dumb everybody is and why. Still pretends he's not coming back but carries on lurking anyway.....
I'll bet he's as obtuse as ever. At least this way people can't call him on it, he never did like that. He'll still be back eventually though, he's not fooling anyone.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Just needs a little pussy to lure him back...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:12 pm

Damn I forgot about Waelieiees and Archiollilious, trech should come back too, there were a lot of solid posters that we lost during the DCF refugee crisis. All the new names for old members makes it a little unfamiliar too, even after many months. I don't know who the fuck Alexander PhiAlipdip thinks he is but someone needs to change his name back. DSL I can almost forgive but we need admin to force him to wear his old avatar. Frankly I think we need a little less free speech around this place, it's just a little too free in my opinion, we need dear leader Hash to bring order

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:23 pm

pineapplemike wrote: I don't know who the fuck Alexander PhiAlipdip thinks he is but someone needs to change his name back.
Just ask him how many bison he's murdered recently. :whistle:

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:03 pm

pineapplemike wrote:Damn I forgot about Waelieiees and Archiollilious, trech should come back too, there were a lot of solid posters that we lost during the DCF refugee crisis. All the new names for old members makes it a little unfamiliar too, even after many months. I don't know who the fuck Alexander PhiAlipdip thinks he is but someone needs to change his name back. DSL I can almost forgive but we need admin to force him to wear his old avatar. Frankly I think we need a little less free speech around this place, it's just a little too free in my opinion, we need dear leader Hash to bring order
I almost thought Alexander was new, like that one teacher that was here for a bit until someone tried to out him as Trek. (If skankhunt reads this, I know he has still posted since then, but his activity seemed to markedly decline for a long time)- a former lurker joining in the new environs.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace