A former lurker chimes in

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: A former lurker chimes in

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:09 am

It seems like much of the world is holding it's breath while trying to figure out how Trump's America is going to operate, so State can run on rails for a while.

I suppose that "deconstruction of the administrative state" is a pretty thought, especially to anyone who likes the principles of limited government and swamp draining, but it turns out that being the global hegemon acrues a whole assload of admin.

It is unclear if the consequences of pulling back from hegemony, or the process by which this could possibly be achieved without sewing chaos around the world, have been thought out with any granular detail.

Much as the POTUS finally figured out that health care reform is very very complicated once actually being tasked with the job, deconstructing 70 odd years or more of empire is a real head scratcher.

And :text-welcomewave:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Persephone wrote:Hey all -

I've been lurking here since the switch over. I finally decided to join to participate in the Trump discussions. My permissions are screwy, though, so I can't see all the forums I see while logged out, so I stay logged out most of the time so I can read the current events thread.

I popped in to see if one of you would start a thread in current events about what's going on at State Dept? I'd appreciate hearing your take on it.

I find it very odd that the president has left our diplomats alone throughout the world without any guidance whatsoever. Tillerson has been very quiet and hasn't given much at all to staffers in DC.

One of the Arabic translators at State is fielding a lot of questions from the Arabic language press, esp about the two-state solution, and he doesn't know what to tell them.

The world is quickly discovering that we don't have a clue what's going on anymore. Seems dangerous. The state dept is pretty important. I'd agree that all the departments in our government are way too bloated, but I'm not convinced that just ignoring the dept completely is a good course of action.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... mp/517965/

Anyway, hopefully the admins will get my permissions fixed up, soon. In the meantime, I'd love to hear all your thoughts on this issue.
Welcome Persephone, you should gain full access once it has been determined that you are not a bot.
Don't be afraid to join the discussion as you should be afforded some leeway up until your 100th post. This is only a gentleman's agreement but it is honoured by most here.
You can start your own State dept thread soon enough.
I look forward to listening to a new voice.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:13 am

I've been lurking here since the switch over. I finally decided to join to participate in the Trump discussions. My permissions are screwy, though, so I can't see all the forums I see while logged out, so I stay logged out most of the time so I can read the current events thread.

I popped in to see if one of you would start a thread in current events about what's going on at State Dept? I'd appreciate hearing your take on it.

I find it very odd that the president has left our diplomats alone throughout the world without any guidance whatsoever. Tillerson has been very quiet and hasn't given much at all to staffers in DC.

One of the Arabic translators at State is fielding a lot of questions from the Arabic language press, esp about the two-state solution, and he doesn't know what to tell them.

The world is quickly discovering that we don't have a clue what's going on anymore. Seems dangerous. The state dept is pretty important. I'd agree that all the departments in our government are way too bloated, but I'm not convinced that just ignoring the dept completely is a good course of action.

Anyway, hopefully the admins will get my permissions fixed up, soon. In the meantime, I'd love to hear all your thoughts on this issue.
When jihadis were empowered under Obama they really knew what they were doing with all those coups and proxy wars.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:21 am

What exactly makes you think that the State Dept. has no direction from Trump or Tillerson? Just based on the general confusion that we appear to be spreading right now, or something more substantial?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:23 am

Unless you are a member of the state department, you don't know what is going on inside. That you think you do says that you are a devotee to the MSM.

Penner, milspecs, kath, and ooky are over there. Introduce yourselves.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:28 am

And people in the State Dept. are saying they don't have anything to do.

I know clicking on an Atlantic article is basically detonating a gay bomb inside your computer, so I am happy to sum it up for you Okee to save you the trouble.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:49 am

Persephone wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
What exactly makes you think that the State Dept. has no direction from Trump or Tillerson? Just based on the general confusion that we appear to be spreading right now, or something more substantial?
If you have information that the article I used as my source material is factually incorrect, please cite your source.
First of all, I like that tone. Don't take any shit from us.

Second, I don't have any specific information about it, but anonymous sources and 'feely' reporting don't go very far around here. The lack of activity around State may mean something completely different than just a lack of direction, or it could be the normal process of transition every 8 years.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Welcome Persephone to th DCF Ex-Pat Internment Camp
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:14 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
anonymous sources and 'feely' reporting don't go very far around here.
Holy crap, Grumpy said something smart?
GrumpyCatFace wrote: The lack of activity around State may mean something completely different than just a lack of direction, or it could be the normal process of transition every 8 years.
Holy shit, when it rains it pours.

Welcome to the newbie.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Calculus Man wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
anonymous sources and 'feely' reporting don't go very far around here.
Holy crap, Grumpy said something smart?
GrumpyCatFace wrote: The lack of activity around State may mean something completely different than just a lack of direction, or it could be the normal process of transition every 8 years.
Holy shit, when it rains it pours.

Welcome to the newbie.
GCF,

Hey, Persephone, can you hold this real quick while I arrange my cloak?

/GCF runs like the dickens.

I see what just happened. GCF has passed the torch.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751