Question for everybody

floam412

Question for everybody

Post by floam412 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Hey guys, officially new hear and was referenced off of Dan Carlin's recent podcast.

I was recently introduced to the podcast after I saw someone mention it on reddit. I really liked the way he tends to try and view things on a very independent mindset and see things on both sides while not being afraid to think outside the box. I've been skimming through some of the threads here and couldn't quite put my finger on the pulse of the forum here; as to what is the most popular ideology.

So what is the general popular view of everyone here?
Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

Smitty-48

Re: Question for everybody

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:22 pm

floam412 wrote:So what is the general popular view of everyone here?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Welcome!

No one here has a view that fits in a silo, that's why we were all attracted to Dan Carlin in the first place
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:02 pm

We are pro trump. That's why dan shut us down. Fuck off back to FB.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:23 pm

I'm an Aquarius.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

floam412

Post by floam412 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:27 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:We are pro trump. That's why dan shut us down. Fuck off back to FB.
Is that really why Dan Carlin shut down his forum? Honestly I don't know and hence why I'm asking about it.
California wrote:Welcome!

No one here has a view that fits in a silo, that's why we were all attracted to Dan Carlin in the first place
Thanks! Yeah, I guess I just wanted a general sense of everyone political ideologies.
Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:29 pm

floam412 wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:We are pro trump. That's why dan shut us down. Fuck off back to FB.
Is that really why Dan Carlin shut down his forum? Honestly I don't know and hence why I'm asking about it.

Thanks! Yeah, I guess I just wanted a general sense of everyone political ideologies.
Word had gotten out that his forum was very pro-Trump. Reddit had a thread about us, and we had a thread about their Reddit thread, and they knew we knew, and we knew they knew. Dan didn't want us fucking up his brand, but really, he did that to himself in regards to CS.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:42 pm

People come here for high (and low) caliber debate. It doesn't make much difference what side you're on as long as you're entertaining to read, and some people, like Smitty, pick whatever side he can get the most traction.

I'm currently having a go at ooky about Climate Change because she's our resident expert but has to fight to keep her place.

There were really only a handful of Trump supporters on DCF. Most people bowed out of the fight because the negative social pressure was too great. Now people here are just curious to see what happens, and enjoy the schadenfreude.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Mercury

Post by Mercury » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Ever shoot a house sparrow or a starling and eat it?

Never mind, i been drinking
With sad countenance and downcast eyes, Aeneas wends his way, quitting the cavern, and ponders in his mind the dark issues.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:39 pm

floam412 wrote:

Welcome! Now duck and cover.

Generally, the board is more right-wing than Facebook, further left than 4chan. I think we're all rather libertarian, in some fashion, and definitely looking for a good debate/streetfight/prison brawl. Come prepared to back up your points with references/research, or you will be bulldozed and mocked. It's really glorious, when you score a victory though. No holds are barred, except for doxxing and open threats.

P.S. Dan didn't shut down the forum because of Trump. The site was woefully out of date, and the citizens were openly mocking him for not releasing more content. There were some rather spiteful comments about him for not supporting Trump, when he's longed for an 'outsider' for so long, but nobody can say whether that made him pull the plug.

P.P.S. One of the great DCF posts about Trump; "Just because you need your house cleaned, doesn't mean you hire the first methhead with a broom that knocks on your door."
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0