The Official Unofficial Rules

Fife

Re: The Official Unofficial Rules

Post by Fife » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:07 pm

Si, grazie, Signore.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:11 pm

If you look it up on a map there is a mountain in Italy called Montegriffo. I would like to go there one day.
Once I have nipped into Gibraltar to steal my fair share of the family silver.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:46 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Penner wrote:
The name Monty is an English baby name. In English the meaning of the name Monty is: Mountain. Abbreviation of Montague and Montgomery.
https://www.google.com/#q=monty+name
In Italian, which is the origin of the Montegriffo family name ( now living in Gibraltar, since leaving ahead of the marauding Franks 400 years ago, and running the country including ex prime minister Paul Montegriffo) it means mountain. Montegriffo translates as mountain spring. So you see you are insulting my family name and are therefore on the list of my enemies until you get it right. Does that clear it up for you now hun?
I thought you were British and Scottish?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:55 pm

My grandfather on my mothers side is from Gibraltar. He was an intelligence officer for the British in WWII making use of his Spanish and Italian intercepting radio messages before the invasion of Italy. I google earthed the name of the outpost where he was stationed but only found sand.
No Scottish as far as I know but my fathers family name does have a tartan so maybe way back. Marshall is a military term as in marshalling the troops and William Marshall was the most famous knight of all time. Served at least 3 kings , was regent for one until he came of age, was successful in medieval jousts and went into battle for the last time at the age of 70. You should google him, sometimes know as William (the) Marshall.
I have a tie made from the tartan and it is a hideous green colour.
By the way you can call me whatever you like but I prefer using an "e".
Last edited by Montegriffo on Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Don't be makin' moves.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:40 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: could not care less.
Am starting to feel the same way about you.
I don't visit political engagement on the Internet with attitude that what people think about me on there matters period. So...

Cid

Post by Cid » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Oh shit, well I do. I do care what people think about me, especially if they're people I know who have proven they know their shit. Doesn't mean I'm not combative, doesn't mean I can't post without dropping a "fuck off", but it does mean that I give more weight to some than to others. You might go so far as to say I consider some people "lightweights".

If you don't care what people think then you're not really in it to discuss, you're just subjecting the rest of us to your facebook/blog, which is something some of us have gone out of our way to not read. Have some god damn courtesy.

Now, I don't care about the name calling, that is what it is. Its smoke and mirrors, its chaff in the wind. Everyone knows that and if they don't then they can be dancing monkey for a few posts.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:19 am

Cid wrote:Oh shit, well I do. I do care what people think about me, especially if they're people I know who have proven they know their shit. Doesn't mean I'm not combative, doesn't mean I can't post without dropping a "fuck off", but it does mean that I give more weight to some than to others. You might go so far as to say I consider some people "lightweights".

If you don't care what people think then you're not really in it to discuss, you're just subjecting the rest of us to your facebook/blog, which is something some of us have gone out of our way to not read. Have some god damn courtesy.

Now, I don't care about the name calling, that is what it is. Its smoke and mirrors, its chaff in the wind. Everyone knows that and if they don't then they can be dancing monkey for a few posts.
So if a ten man gang forms around an issue against you start thinking about yourself differently because of the the attempted character assassination that is going on?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:34 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Cid wrote:Oh shit, well I do. I do care what people think about me, especially if they're people I know who have proven they know their shit. Doesn't mean I'm not combative, doesn't mean I can't post without dropping a "fuck off", but it does mean that I give more weight to some than to others. You might go so far as to say I consider some people "lightweights".

So if a ten man gang forms around an issue against you start thinking about yourself differently because of the the attempted character assassination that is going on?
Shit yeah, it makes me wonder which bit did I get wrong or am I in the right place?

ever hear of a guy called Confucius?
he who comes to the fountain of knowledge with a full cup has nothing to learn

don't let that be you or you are just wasting your own time.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:

Shit yeah, it makes me wonder which bit did I get wrong or am I in the right place?

ever hear of a guy called Confucius?
I wonder on the rightness of my positions on my own. I don't need a mob to force me do it. Fuck Confucius, his fetish for obedience and Asian face culture in general.