The Official Unofficial Rules

Haumana

Re: The Official Unofficial Rules

Post by Haumana » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Penner wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Cid wrote:I'll personally edit every post to no longer contain curse words if this is a rule. They're there for emphasis, but I'm not overly attached.

Though I'd like a ruling on this soon, because mother fuckers my tab is already hefty in that department. I'm very much a law and order person, I do need some rules to be set so that I don't do things I am otherwise inclined to do. If weed was legal, I would be all over that in a second and my bourbon stores would last a lot longer.

Also if cursing is verboten then I'm assuming the white nationalist shit has to get white washed as well for two reasons; hilarity and irony.
Oh fuck that. I thought it was confined to the big two. No personal threats and no threads about a specific person. I am cool with the third of not doxing anyone. But no cursing???

Yeah, the no cursing thing is going to be hard to follow. Sure, I do curse a lot but when I do I start a thread titled, "Fuck 2016".

So no cursing is an actual thing? A rule here?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Cid wrote:Hey rules are rules, be governed by them, by yourself or be an animal. Animals don't get to participate in the discourse though.
Don't kid yourself, you are still an animal. Civility is an illusion. Just because you use a napkin doesn't mean you don't dine on the life of another.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Where did we say no cursing?

All I did was ask if it was open season on cursing, like it was on the DCF.

If we really want to stop cursing though its easy enough to add censorship through the software that changes fuck to fook, etc
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Haumana wrote:
Cid wrote:Hey rules are rules, be governed by them, by yourself or be an animal. Animals don't get to participate in the discourse though.
Don't kid yourself, you are still an animal. Civility is an illusion. Just because you use a napkin doesn't mean you don't dine on the life of another.
Civility isn't an illusion, don't kid yourself. I may not be the best representation of my home state, but I know to be civil there because some people think that this,

is not a joke but fair warning.

And we shoot animals. And then eat them. And that isn't a metaphor, its a time period enforced by the game warden.

Edit: Also your edgy post modern social critique needs some polish if you're just going to whip it out like its Newton's first law.

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 pm

Sorry that was the internet jackass in me, what I meant to say was, we do live in a civil society. We are civil people. If we are uncivil, then we don't deserve nice things. While its a universal given that you don't shit where you eat, it probably should also be "Don't shit where you speak," and apply that to all speech.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Cid wrote:Sorry that was the internet jackass in me, what I meant to say was, we do live in a civil society. We are civil people. If we are uncivil, then we don't deserve nice things. While its a universal given that you don't shit where you eat, it probably should also be "Don't shit where you speak," and apply that to all speech.
Don't be sorry. I was awaiting your return fire with serious curiosity. Your reputation precedes you from the other place so it made it interesting. My post was not meant to be a post modern critique. I guess that was meant to offend? But merely an observation that while we can have niceties over turkey dinner some heinous shit is going down in our name by proxy. The most civil societies still maintain the barbaric animal side even if it becomes out of sight out of mind. To pretend it doesn't exist only does it a disservice, imo.

I don't equate curse words to uncivility. So I guess we need to have a calibration of the scale.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Also if cursing is verboten then I'm assuming the white nationalist shit has to get white washed as well for two reasons; hilarity and irony.

You're a dick.

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Curse words aren't inherently uncivil in my opinion, but not following the rules is.

Hypocrisy is a thing, and it is hypocritical for us to do the things that are barbaric. Doesn't erase the society though, or the rules, or the institutions.

But I see your point and concede that I was entirely a jackass, though my gun picture stands as observed commentary.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Cid wrote:Curse words aren't inherently uncivil in my opinion, but not following the rules is.

Hypocrisy is a thing, and it is hypocritical for us to do the things that are barbaric. Doesn't erase the society though, or the rules, or the institutions.

But I see your point and concede that I was entirely a jackass, though my gun picture stands as observed commentary.
It's all good, Cid. I got your commentary and sentiment behind it. FTR, I didn't see you as a jackass.

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:42 am

TheReal_ND wrote:

You're a dick.
I'm sorry, I'll issue a trigger warning for you next time I'm going to post something critical of the redneck Irish Slavic, but German-Nazi-wanna-be, snowflake crowd.

I'm fucking with ya, trigger warnings are for pussies, and I still can't call you that.