Waiting for drtrech...

Montegriffo

Re: Waiting for drtrech...

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Penner wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
DrYouth wrote: More than almost...

Know something we don't Montie?
Oh he is alive and well and all the better for not being here. I can't reveal what he has said to me in private but it is probably time to let go.
You can always mail him yourselves if you want to keep in touch.
So he isn't coming back then?
Never say never but the last thing he said to me on the subject does not leave me with much hope.
If the quality of debate was not so appalling on certain subjects I think he could change his mind but it is really frustrating at times. I nearly quit myself on New Years Eve so I understand why he hasn't come back.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote: I nearly quit myself on New Years Eve
Hey... I remember that thread... but if I remember correctly it turned around and became a decent thread.

We need all hands on deck around here if this place is gonna stay afloat...

So buck up Monty...
Let's see some spirit!

Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:06 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Hey... I remember that thread... but if I remember correctly it turned around and became a decent thread.

So buck up Monty...
Let's see some spirit!
It did turn around, mostly as a result of Smitty contributing to it. I was also heartened by Nuke's response and that has had a lot to do with me sticking around.
I don't have unlimited patience though and am not interested in an echo chamber without honest debate so as far as I'm concerned the MHF is still on trial.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:18 am

Montegriffo wrote:It did turn around, mostly as a result of Smitty contributing to it. I was also heartened by Nuke's response and that has had a lot to do with me sticking around.
I don't have unlimited patience though and am not interested in an echo chamber without honest debate so as far as I'm concerned the MHF is still on trial.
Well naturally...
Noone can be coerced into sticking around... it is a natural experiment in forum existence.
Will the new colony survive the winter in this desolate new environment or succumb...

Will the forum descendents remember these trying times in lore and song... or will there be no future and this lonely outpost be forgotten is the graveyard of the internet.

Time will tell.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:39 am

Honest humorous and reasonable debate is what will decide it for me. When someone's idea of humour is to repeatedly accuse me of being a paedophile I have doubts about the validity of the forum.
Time will tell. My post rate has definitely dropped off since the new year and I am just avoiding some topics now as trying to debate honestly has proved impossible with certain people.
It's a shame since it all started so well but I guess having a low number of members means self moderation is harder to achieve. In fact your own attempts at moderation resulted in a lowering of civility rather than an increase.
Oh well, life is just too short to put up with poor attitudes sometimes so I see where Trech is coming from and understand why he has just joined the lurkers and not registered to post again.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:07 am

Montegriffo wrote:In fact your own attempts at moderation resulted in a lowering of civility rather than an increase.
Did they?

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
DrYouth wrote:

So buck up Monty...
Let's see some spirit!
It did turn around, mostly as a result of Smitty contributing to it. I was also heartened by Nuke's response and that has had a lot to do with me sticking around.
A fucking Holocaust fan is saving our membership numbers?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
DrYouth wrote: Hey... I remember that thread... but if I remember correctly it turned around and became a decent thread.

So buck up Monty...
Let's see some spirit!
Naughty, naughty. Holocaust denial is not the same as holocaust fandom.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
He is a denier? Got source? I recall him saying he was a fan.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: A fucking Holocaust fan is saving our membership numbers?
He is a denier? Got source? I recall him saying he was a fan.
He's not really a denier either, actually.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751