If Clinton wins does Dan shut down his forum

TheReal_ND

Re: If Clinton wins does Dan shut down his forum

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Well yeah but he referenced Trump dropping about three nukes per episode. Emotions were high, things were said that shouldn't have been... like, my bad dude.

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Yeah, I get that. I get you weren't the only one. I just don't recall him ever insulting Trump supporters, like an actual cuck does. He said he didn't like Trump, yeah, but I also don't recall him saying things that he didn't back up with his reasoning.

And I know you feel bad, I've read some of your posts here. I guess my real problem is, seems like you might be the only one.

I hope you got to apologize to Dan, Scott did when he went off on him, posted public on the boards for the world to see. Scott was bit of a lone wolf though.

Regardless, I think the title of this thread and the question is horseshit. We forget that he suffered a ton of bullshit from all sides, got down in it. Don't do that unless you care, and yeah wasn't around much, but we're adults not children. Not really much of an excuse for people losing their shit. Hell I feel bad, maybe if I bothered wading into the forums to take it on the chin from the ditto club you'd have called me a cuck instead of Dan.

Shit hurts though, I think he cared about those forums a ton, cared about the users, but you get turned on and its time close shop. Think Clinton winning would have kept that from happening? Liberals don't listen to Dan, he's not telling them anything they want to hear. They might think that coming up, like people thought Dan was conservative with Obama. Dan's a watcher and he calls people on their shit. If you can't do that then the shit people get away with gets us nowhere.

But I can't call you a pussy, you own your shit. I just wish I'd been there so you could have thrown it at me.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:21 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I think it's possible. To my knowledge "wrong thinkers" simply look at it as a place that had potential, possibly even moving toward an egalitarian society someday, that was shut down by leftists that want to protect all the special snowflakes in Zimbabwe from "Le ebil white man." lol I'm not even mad about it, I think it's funny if not a little sad.
You're wrong there Nuke. The way Zimbabwe has turned out is very sad. It is now run by basically a warlord who took productive farms away from the whites and gave them to his civil war buddies who wrecked them because they hadn't spent 200 years learning how to farm them. Neither Rhodesia nor Zimbabwe are a good example of how to run a country.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:23 pm

Does it take nine pages of text to say why Dan shuttered the forum?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Does it take nine pages of text to say why Dan shuttered the forum?
Bargaining phase.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Dan tells me he's been putting off shuttering the forum for a few years...

If that's true that means it has nothing to do with the election results.

Probably the main reason is cost and that he isn't available enough to manage the environment of the forum that has his name on it... and he sucks at delegating.

That being said - some of the attacks on Dan were out of line, calling your host a cuck is just an asshole move...

Nuke has repented and he gets cred for that.

Cid is pissed about losing the DCF... so I'm going to assume that explains why he let Speaker get under his skin like that...

Speaker... was just in the wrong place at the wrong time... I really have no problems with Speaker.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Cid wrote:Yeah, I get that. I get you weren't the only one. I just don't recall him ever insulting Trump supporters, like an actual cuck does. He said he didn't like Trump, yeah, but I also don't recall him saying things that he didn't back up with his reasoning.

And I know you feel bad, I've read some of your posts here. I guess my real problem is, seems like you might be the only one.

I was pretty hard on Dan, not in most threads, but in my review of the CS shows. His last show, just after the election I was the hardest I have ever been. I complimented him on a pretty great show, a reasoned review of Donald Trump. But I lit him up over the timing. I felt it was the type of show we had 6 months before the election.

I'll say this again, as I've said before. Dan out grew DCF, he became a popular international business, and I'm very happy for him and his family.

On the flip side. He's not the same Dan because of the demands of being an international podcasting sensation. To me, Dan is an innovator that took a dead topic and turned it into entertainment, information and commentary. I liken him to guys like Paul Harvey, Rush Limbaugh and Art Bell. They each took nitch market and turned it into an empire. Harvey at lunch time, Rush weekday afternoons and Art Bell grave yard shift radio. Dan did this to History. There are probably hundreds of history podcasts out there, many of them very, very good. But only Dan blends information, entertainment and commentary so well. He is a showman in his own way.

With all that, why was I harsh on Dan. Because I felt that was the role of DCF, to be the rudder for the guys we used to talk and discuss history and political issues with.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:43 pm

I got the sense that he just wants to focus on his history podcast. Maybe he's reached the point where he no longer seriously feels that his CS shows might actually change things in America.