If Clinton wins does Dan shut down his forum

Fife

Re: If Clinton wins does Dan shut down his forum

Post by Fife » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:21 am

apeman wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:Why was the DCF looked at it that light? Not that I care what Redditors think, just curious.
Some of 'em didn't believe in coincidences.

Some of 'em actively sought the "coincidences." When a small slice of DCF started shitting up the brand on the big net, a gracious plug-pulling was bumped up the list. At least it was gracious; more than we could have reasonably demanded.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:24 pm

My theory not married to it just spitballing here. Dan is "selling out" either getting a publishing deal or a show somewhere on MSM. Can't have the forum around for that not even archived.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:35 pm

clubgop wrote:My theory not married to it just spitballing here. Dan is "selling out" either getting a publishing deal or a show somewhere on MSM. Can't have the forum around for that not even archived.
That is my suspicion too. His "reasons" didn't pass the sniff test. I would have more respect if he had just come out and said he was taking his ball and going home instead of those feeble attempts that he put forth.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Haumana wrote:
clubgop wrote:My theory not married to it just spitballing here. Dan is "selling out" either getting a publishing deal or a show somewhere on MSM. Can't have the forum around for that not even archived.
That is my suspicion too. His "reasons" didn't pass the sniff test. I would have more respect if he had just come out and said he was taking his ball and going home instead of those feeble attempts that he put forth.
Naw, those deals are very iffy and you cant say anything about them till are the ink is dry and ready to announce. So if that is the case he has to play along. I don't blame him. If its about the History podcast that is great wish him much success. If it's some lame thing on Cnn, msnbc, he is going to get cancelled in 6 months and look like an ass.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:04 pm

clubgop wrote: Naw, those deals are very iffy and you cant say anything about them till are the ink is dry and ready to announce. So if that is the case he has to play along. I don't blame him. If its about the History podcast that is great wish him much success. If it's some lame thing on Cnn, msnbc, he is going to get cancelled in 6 months and look like an ass.
Oh snap, I didn't even consider some MSM job. I always thought it was more about elevating his HH brand. I don't blame him for anything other than not shooting straight with why he chose to close the forums. But certainly, no hard feelings and I want to see him continue to legitimize podcasts to a wider audience.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Haumana wrote:
clubgop wrote: Naw, those deals are very iffy and you cant say anything about them till are the ink is dry and ready to announce. So if that is the case he has to play along. I don't blame him. If its about the History podcast that is great wish him much success. If it's some lame thing on Cnn, msnbc, he is going to get cancelled in 6 months and look like an ass.
Oh snap, I didn't even consider some MSM job. I always thought it was more about elevating his HH brand. I don't blame him for anything other than not shooting straight with why he chose to close the forums. But certainly, no hard feelings and I want to see him continue to legitimize podcasts to a wider audience.
With some monumental editing and Dan wrangling HH would be amazing on History channel or Discovery. Common sense might be put aside and I think most would shrug at that.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:36 pm

clubgop wrote: With some monumental editing and Dan wrangling HH would be amazing on History channel or Discovery. Common sense might be put aside and I think most would shrug at that.

CS can die. Dan seems to want a theory rather than a messy reality. HH would be great on Netflix or even FX where the network is more hands off and give the artist room to roam, though. I would be down.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:37 pm

If HH was animated like Cosmos was, that could be cool.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Calculus Man

Post by Calculus Man » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:58 pm

Haumana wrote:
Yeah, I've got nothing against Dan other than the fact that he obviously didn't make his real reasons public. I've gotten used to that though, because he hasn't thoroughly explained himself on CS for over a year.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:39 pm

I saw the jump ship thread before I saw the forum closing thread. I thought the forum had had enough, and was bailing voluntarily. It made sense.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751