If Clinton wins does Dan shut down his forum

skankhunt42

If Clinton wins does Dan shut down his forum

Post by skankhunt42 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:58 pm

I'm not saying it's a theory but..........
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Re: If Clinton wins does Dan shut down his forum

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:01 pm

I think some of the long time memebers had been intimating he would be shutting it down however it went. I was perfectly willing to blame it on Hilary though.

I can't honestly understand his reasonings behind it. I guess there's the money yeah but then he's got agents so he must be making a lot of money.

I guess he just wasn't that into it anymore. It wasn't anything like it was years ago when he was still active and the cost benefit ratio just wasn't adding up anymore.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:09 pm

Not that it's a solid comparison but Joe Rogan lets the shit fly on his message board and makes enough money. I felt that Dan got tired of the criticism and felt it was hurting his brand. Which if you're scoring at home is timely with all of the butt hurt that comes with the safe spaces of the Neo-Liberals. I'm not saying that Dan is one of those people, but I don't believe in coincidence.
It doesn't cost a ton of money to keep a message board up, what I took from the closing of the board is that Dan wants to control whatever his message or brand is, even if it runs the risk of becoming pigeon holed long term. Is it good business? Time will tell. But no matter what I find it as a condescending move.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:17 pm

I don't disagree with anything you wrote there. Yeah I don't believe Dan is a neo-liberal but he was a punk rocker and they were proto SJW's.

He said it himself that whites will become brown in the future and that people that say nigger should be punched in the nose. I guess when he got people like me shitting the place up that aren't cool with any of that, his old friends long gone, he kind of said fuck it. Probably had been contemplating it on a direct trajectory to my posting behavior. I feel bad and I don't in a way. I believe in free speech. He did too so you can't really have it both ways. But I still feel bad if my posting behavior contributed to the shuttening.

Honestly he probably started getting pissed when some regulars started Trump posting and he dropped in after a month or two to find half the posts pro Trump.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:29 pm

I think your speculations are off. Dan has slowly been doing fewer and fewer Common Sense shows for a while. He has more interest in doing Hardcore History than Common Sense, and the forums are more an extension of the Common Sense show than Hardcore History. As his interest in continuing Common Sense has waned, so has his interest in actively participating in the forums. As he lost his attachment to the forums the people around him saying he needs to cut it loose or become more involved it slowly became easier for him to cut it loose.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:36 pm

That seems correct.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:45 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I think some of the long time memebers had been intimating he would be shutting it down however it went. I was perfectly willing to blame it on Hilary though.

I can't honestly understand his reasonings behind it. I guess there's the money yeah but then he's got agents so he must be making a lot of money.

I guess he just wasn't that into it anymore. It wasn't anything like it was years ago when he was still active and the cost benefit ratio just wasn't adding up anymore.

I agree. I am not buying any of his stated reasoning behind shutting it down. His choice between running a forum or producing podcasts was pretty lame, imo. I just wished he would have manned up and said either he didn't want to host a forum where he didn't participate or that the forum was impacting his brand. Because those are the only two choices that make any sort of sense. Lots of places have forums that kind of run on their own and moderation wasn't a problem nor was lack of activity.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:39 am

TheOneX wrote:I think your speculations are off. Dan has slowly been doing fewer and fewer Common Sense shows for a while. He has more interest in doing Hardcore History than Common Sense, and the forums are more an extension of the Common Sense show than Hardcore History. As his interest in continuing Common Sense has waned, so has his interest in actively participating in the forums. As he lost his attachment to the forums the people around him saying he needs to cut it loose or become more involved it slowly became easier for him to cut it loose.
This is probably the closest to the truth.

But if you looked at the Reddit threads and the thread on the Common Sense Facebook group the rest of the world looked at the DCF like a bunch a lunatics.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
TheOneX wrote:I think your speculations are off. Dan has slowly been doing fewer and fewer Common Sense shows for a while. He has more interest in doing Hardcore History than Common Sense, and the forums are more an extension of the Common Sense show than Hardcore History. As his interest in continuing Common Sense has waned, so has his interest in actively participating in the forums. As he lost his attachment to the forums the people around him saying he needs to cut it loose or become more involved it slowly became easier for him to cut it loose.
This is probably the closest to the truth.

But if you looked at the Reddit threads and the thread on the Common Sense Facebook group the rest of the world looked at the DCF like a bunch a lunatics.
Why was the DCF looked at it that light? Not that I care what Redditors think, just curious.

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:58 am

skankhunt42 wrote:Why was the DCF looked at it that light? Not that I care what Redditors think, just curious.
Some of 'em didn't believe in coincidences.