As a DCF Lurker, I wanted to thank you all especially Mr. Hash

skankhunt42

Re: As a DCF Lurker, I wanted to thank you all especially Mr. Hash

Post by skankhunt42 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:48 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Hi skank

Wtf are you posting Mike?

I like the cut of your Gib sir!!!!
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:17 pm

Welcome!

And thanks Mr. Hash!
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:21 pm

AndrewBennett wrote:Welcome!

And thanks Mr. Hash!
It's Dr. Hash, prole.

*whaps with fasces*

JamesK

Post by JamesK » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:38 pm

Hello from another longtime lurker (c. 2013 or thereabouts). Bona fides: young-ish, law prof., reformed/red-pilled stereotypical millenial leftist turned independent neo-prudentist (aren't we all). Like Mssr. skankhunt, I felt there was no better time to join than the present.

So hat's off to the magnanimous Dr. Hash for providing a new sanctuary for the best online debates and discussions in the 'verse.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:37 pm

JamesK wrote:Hello from another longtime lurker (c. 2013 or thereabouts). Bona fides: young-ish, law prof., reformed/red-pilled stereotypical millenial leftist turned independent neo-prudentist (aren't we all). Like Mssr. skankhunt, I felt there was no better time to join than the present.

So hat's off to the magnanimous Dr. Hash for providing a new sanctuary for the best online debates and discussions in the 'verse.
And they said we couldn't get new boood. Look at this, two new people in as many days. Our numbers grow.

Welcome James. Curious as to what a "red pilled" leftist is myself of you don't mind elaborating.

Two Man

Post by Two Man » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Curious as to what a "red pilled" leftist is myself
Probably a "Matrix" reference. A liberal with eyes wide open? I could call myself one of those too.

JamesK

Post by JamesK » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:55 am

Two Man wrote:
Curious as to what a "red pilled" leftist is myself
Probably a "Matrix" reference. A liberal with eyes wide open? I could call myself one of those too.
Indeed. Happy to elaborate, even though my story isn't an original one: I came of age during 9/11, GWB, and Iraq, and attended an ultra-liberal wannabe-Ivy during the mid aughts. I wasn't quite knocking on doors and spreading out pamphlets for the Bolshevik cause, but the status of the Kool Aid was certainly drunk: proto-SJW, corporations are the devil, if only the Bush tax cuts were repealed the economy would flourish like never before, BHO will close Gitmo and end racism and wars and nothing will ever hurt again, etc.

I'm not proud, but I was young, and impressionable. Inside the happy liberal-indoctrination bubble, the idea of the existence of such a thing is viewed with smug, self-satisfied scorn. . . but it is a very real thing, that bubble. More than one of my highly pedigreed, elite profs regularly used the (utterly dehumanizing) concept of "false consciousness" to explain how, for example, working class-whites vote Republican, or why mothers like my own decide to stay home to raise children rather than tarry in the job force while an elderly Latina woman of uncertain citizenship status tends the homestead. I mean...Jesus.

After I escaped, I actually went to a (relatively) conservative law school, and the further I ventured from the liberal circlejerk that was my youth the light bulb slowly came on. A lot of my core views, I suppose, really haven't changed since I was that passionate 17 year old who convinced his mother to vote Kerry over GWB: anti-hyper interventionist foreign policy, pro-working and middle class, anti-free trade, etc. In the end, though, I suppose I was able to see through the dogma of the neocons and Christian fundamentalists when I was 16; it just took me a little longer to see through the just-as-dogmatic orthodoxy of the neo-left.

And thank you for the welcome, nuke. It's an honor to make your acquaintance.