Pros and Cons of this forum.

StCapps

Re: Pros and Cons of this forum.

Post by StCapps » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Kath wrote:You're right, Capps. Someone changed it back. Martin asked me to change it, though.

I'm not going to touch it - this isn't my forum. If Hash or the other guy with super admin privileges changed it back to 10, it's not my place to re-change it.
Fair enough, was just curious with what was going on with all this talk of 15 pages per post while I was only seeing 10. It all makes sense now.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Kath wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Kath wrote:It's a board config setting... not customizable by users.
Damn that's a handy tool to have. Moderator perks, must be nice.
The layout and options are all up for discussion. Someone suggested 15 per page, Martin asked me to change it, I changed it. If you want to make a case for lower / higher per page... holler it out.
I'd prefer whatever the max is.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Not without a jump to bottom button. Fuck that.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:20 pm

The notifications function is really useful. Sometimes it's hard to keep up but the function means you don't miss a question or comment relating to something you said.
Also most people have not chosen to hide their presence online so you can check the bottom of the board index and if you spot someone you want to ask a question you can fire away and get a quick response.
I wish more people would put their location in the profile section though. I find it interesting to spot the regional differences you get in peoples opinions some times.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Cid

Post by Cid » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:57 am

One reason I wasn't posting much on the old boards was the multi-multi-hundred page threads that seemed to essentially be private group conversations where the lines were drawn, entrenched, and stupid. Not saying I'm above being stupid on boards, far from it, but I expect my indiscretions will not dominate a subforum.

That happened, I remember there was some dumbass thread back in the day about religion in one of the non-current event or news portions of the DCF, and it was a bit of a rare oddity. Excess for the sake of entertainment. When you have for or five of those bastards hanging about I'm not sure why those conversations aren't taken private.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:27 am

Montegriffo wrote: I wish more people would put their location in the profile section though. I find it interesting to spot the regional differences you get in peoples opinions some times.
It also leads to you are not from the region x your arguments are not legit bullshit.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:29 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: I wish more people would put their location in the profile section though. I find it interesting to spot the regional differences you get in peoples opinions some times.
It also leads to you are not from the region x your arguments are not legit bullshit.
I can see through that kind of bollocks, can't you?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
There is always some hardheaded idiot that will ignore the fact that you can see trough it and won't fucking shut up about it.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:40 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: It also leads to you are not from the region x your arguments are not legit bullshit.
There is always some hardheaded idiot that will ignore the fact that you can see trough it and won't fucking shut up about it.
Stop engaging with them then. They obviously have nothing of value to add anyway.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:42 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Stop engaging with them then. They obviously have nothing of value to add anyway.
But they might have a posse and idiocy ensues.