DCF Refugee Internment Camp

Montegriffo

Re: DCF Refugee Interment Camp

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:51 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I was running Christmas lights in this can :P
They draw too much power though, I really need led lights so I can read.
What you really need is a solar panel. With all that Texan sunshine you could keep your batteries topped up no probs.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:54 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:You should get a military sleep system from a surplus store. Comes with three layers of sleeping bags for all weather and a gotten bivvy.

A while back, my whole area lost power for about 24 hours. That night it got so cold the water in the toilets started freezing over. But inside that system I was really warm.

Well the sleeping bag is milsurp but it's not got the silk. I actually love the bag it keeps me more than warm enough so far but it hasn't gotten too cold yet. Fighting the heat has been the biggest challenge of this year.

If you have a place to plug it in and make it work, I would recommend an electric heater. Be careful, though, those space heaters are known to cause fires.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
What you really need is a solar panel. With all that Texan sunshine you could keep your batteries topped up no probs.
Yeah I thought of that a few times. Not having much problem charging my lap top off the auxiliary battery though, I got it hooked up real retarded; like die in a fire retarded.
Penner wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:You should get a military sleep system from a surplus store. Comes with three layers of sleeping bags for all weather and a gotten bivvy.

A while back, my whole area lost power for about 24 hours. That night it got so cold the water in the toilets started freezing over. But inside that system I was really warm.

Well the sleeping bag is milsurp but it's not got the silk. I actually love the bag it keeps me more than warm enough so far but it hasn't gotten too cold yet. Fighting the heat has been the biggest challenge of this year.

If you have a place to plug it in and make it work, I would recommend an electric heater. Be careful, though, those space heaters are known to cause fires.
Thought of that too but I got to spec it out.
Last edited by TheReal_ND on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickle7

Post by nickle7 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:57 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Keep it simple, but perhaps a different ontology.

Maybe like:

Social issues
Politics
Economy
Foreign affairs
Off topic

That's mainly what was being discussed.
Agreed. They're direct, to the point, and comprehensive enough to cover all the bases. So glad to be here!
Seek how to think, not what to think.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:58 pm

Sup nickles glad you made it!

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:59 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:

Yeah keeping cool is much harder that staying warm. Good insulation helps with both and keeps the condensation down.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:00 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Yeah I thought of that a few times. Not having much problem charging my lap top off the auxiliary battery though, I got it hooked up real retarded; like die in a fire retarded.
Penner wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:

Best not to cause any fires.

Thought of that too but I got to spec it out.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Yeah I really need to insulate cause I'm probably going to be doing this while I stack money for a trailer home or something.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:04 pm

TheReal_ND wrote: Yeah I thought of that a few times. Not having much problem charging my lap top off the auxiliary battery though, I got it hooked up real retarded; like die in a fire retarded.
Never plug anything in without a fuse. I watched a van go from smoking radio to roaring inferno in about 5 mins at a gas station once. The retarded thing was people were still pulling up to get fuel. :shock:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote: Yeah I thought of that a few times. Not having much problem charging my lap top off the auxiliary battery though, I got it hooked up real retarded; like die in a fire retarded.
Never plug anything in without a fuse. I watched a van go from smoking radio to roaring inferno in about 5 mins at a gas station once. The retarded thing was people were still pulling up to get fuel. :shock:
Well there's like three fuses between the auxiliary battery, the cigar lighter and the power inverter. It's really retarded, I have the auxiliary battery hooked up to the power inverter which is in turn hooked up to the cigar lighter so it's like

BB
Y
I

I want it to go B-B-I with a switch to turn off the motor battery line.