DCF Refugee Internment Camp

Speaker to Animals

Re: DCF Refugee Interment Camp

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:41 am

You could create something like a debate clan analog to gaming clans and crash various forums and reddit pages. Create user names with the same prefix to identify you as a group and put a link here in your profiles.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:59 am

I quite like the idea of user groups where we join on roughly ideological grounds. Could create some good fun inter regimental rivalry. Could also go horribly wrong but it would be great to see people "cross the floor" into rival groups as their opinions change.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:05 am

Montegriffo wrote:I quite like the idea of user groups where we join on roughly ideological grounds. Could create some good fun inter regimental rivalry. Could also go horribly wrong but it would be great to see people "cross the floor" into rival groups as their opinions change.
Why would anyone 'cross the floor', only to face ridicule and shaming from both sides? It would create dueling echo chambers of Stupid, similar to American politics...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:10 am

I was not talking about clans based on politics. I meant you could form one single moniker for all the DCF posters, go to other forums and reddit pages using that moniker in your usernames, and providing a forum link in your profiles.

E.g. "[DCF] Montegriffo"

Do something similar with your gaming nights. Create a gamer clan and provide links back here.

Xbox users can create a DCF gaming group to attract older gamers as well. It's built into the platform now.

Maybe change it to something other than DCF, though.

Like Island of Misfit Toys [IoMT]

Heraclius

Post by Heraclius » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:15 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I was not talking about clans based on politics. I meant you could form one single moniker for all the DCF posters, go to other forums and reddit pages using that moniker in your usernames, and providing a forum link in your profiles.

E.g. "[DCF] Montegriffo"

Do something similar with your gaming nights. Create a gamer clan and provide links back here.
I'm not sure how likely it is for random people on games to want to do an in-depth analysis on where morality comes from or the merits of the Electoral College.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:21 am

To be fair to what I posted, the main targets would be political, philosophy, and history forums.

But there already are a number of gamers here, and the more exposure the better. You really only need one or two people to come over that way who are active an interesting for it to be worthwhile. This is especially the case since people already want gaming nights anyway. It would cost you little to put some clan name in your profile name and a link to the forum in your profile.

There exists no major podcast pulling new users into this forum. You need to exploit guerilla marketing to get people in here on a regular basis.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:24 am

Heraclius wrote:I'm not sure how likely it is for random people on games to want to do an in-depth analysis on where morality comes from or the merits of the Electoral College.
:lol:
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:25 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:I quite like the idea of user groups where we join on roughly ideological grounds. Could create some good fun inter regimental rivalry. Could also go horribly wrong but it would be great to see people "cross the floor" into rival groups as their opinions change.
Why would anyone 'cross the floor', only to face ridicule and shaming from both sides? It would create dueling echo chambers of Stupid, similar to American politics...
Churchill did it. Twice I think. You gonna ridicule him?
Tip if you did he would rip you to pieces. Were he still with us of course.

Also to team he crossed to would claim it as a victory to prove their argument was the best made.

I was trying to think of a name for my faction but the best I could come up with was liberal pussies.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:35 am

We'll some more traffic once the lights go out at the DCF and the heavy posters get over themselves and migrate over...

But - you're right -> sustainability will depend on getting the link to this place out there.

We're going to need to recruit some Social Media talent...

Which will of course be fantastic for Martin Hash's political career.... or not depending on how this forum pans out...

But Hey, what decision in life isn't a gamble!
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:46 am

It would be great if we could get listeners of a bunch of history podcasts over here.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session