DCF Refugee Internment Camp

Manwithnoname

Re: DCF Refugee Interment Camp

Post by Manwithnoname » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:15 am

Made the cut!

I'm a bit surprised at how many came here, and how quickly they did. I've seen many forums die, and usually only a couple of stragglers make it to a new forum as a group, and the rest just wander off and pursue other interests or places. I guess it's testament to the bonds of the regulars there, and also shows that Dan probably swung the axe at the right time, once the glory days were over but before it became the sort of place you visit because you don't know what else to do and are just going through the motions.

I also reckon the regs that haven't joined are looking and watching to see if this is the real deal. I tend to think it is, even if this is only early days.
Carlin delenda est

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:19 am

Im just hoping they aren't scared away because I'm here. I know a lot of people didn't care for my posting ways but I'm on the up and up now. I promise :innocent:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:27 am

I like it here better already, and in fact, I tend to agree with Martin Hash far more than I ever do with Dan Carlin anyways, Marty Hash is alright by me, Dan Carlin always was a panty waist. Nicest damn guy I ever knew... but still a panty waist.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:37 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Im just hoping they aren't scared away because I'm here. I know a lot of people didn't care for my posting ways but I'm on the up and up now. I promise :innocent:
Nah. Freedom of expression was one of the great things about DCF. Having a very serious and interesing conversation about politics or economics in one thread, and then a drag out dirty fight in another where someone is calling you a cunt and you are calling them a cocksucker always made for unexpected and interesting times.

Also the post counts of regs can be intimidating when you first join a board. It sounds silly but I know it from both ends. The girl I'm seeing I met from a now defunct forum where I had 20,000 + posts and that scary red user name of an admin. She told me that she was shit scared to disagree with me for her first couple months there. My opinion was no more or less valid than hers, but that's how she saw it. I sorta wish for those days again because that girl has zero fear of telling me these days where I went wrong, how wrong I was and the things I need to do to make it right in her eyes :lol: . But the point is that here everyone starts more or less equal again. And if anyone regrets shitting on the carpet at DCF there is a chance to start anew should they want to take it.
Carlin delenda est

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:46 am

I still don't understand how I got to archon. Something about that group just really took to me and then when the election cycle got under way, I briefly blacked out into drunken shit posting mode for days straight. Some of the cringiest things I've ever posted were at smitty but it was no big deal when the sun came up the next day. Now I feel like I've made another friend. I've made a few there tbh. Here's to friends and shit posting :drunk:

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:44 am

We are still missing Dr. Strangelove DBTrek and drtrech. The three top posters of DCF. I want at least two of them to make the jump.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:51 am

Well if they don't make the jump, the rest of you better get off your asses and post more. There's no going back to the DCF, there's no other RV where this crew is going to assemble, this is it, right here, right now, it is what we make it, the DCF wasn't big when it started, this crew here is bigger in terms of regulars than the DCF was at the beginning, so quit pining for the DCF, that shit is gone, start building this place, and that means everybody, all you lurkers get off your asses and man a fucking post, otherwise, there ain't gonna be nothing to lurk around.

We don't have the same flow of FNG's here, so the FNG's who are here, are going to have to pick up the slack.

And don't worry, I'm not going to set out to crush you, because I can't play that game here, because we can't sustain those kind of casualties, it's a new forum, we have to build it up, or at the very least, keep it from collapsing, constant flow of dickheads showing up at the DCF, those were the days when I would run them off just for looking at me funny, but I'm not going to play it like that here, need all the dickheads we can get.

We don't have critical mass here, so people can't just hang back and spectate, but at the same time, if they do step up, we can't have Archons smoking them just for the sake of smoking them neither, the whole point of Archons was to be a praetorian guard for Dan Carlin, but Carlin ain't here, so there's nothing to guard anymore.

We ain't the DCF anymore, DCF is dead, we are ex-DCF, but this is a completely different animal here, so if we want someplace to go to carry on as ex-DCF, we need to make this work, and recognize that it don't work like the DCF did. We might get some more people, but not a flow, so we can't afford as many passengers nor casualties.

And I say that as one the Big Three rhetorical killing machines of the DCF, nobody drove more people off than me, Trek, and Dolan, but like I said, I promise to go easy on yeas here... unless I know you're a junkie who can't kick the habit, then I might take a chunk outta yea or two.

The DCF was a rhetorical arena, where we took scalps just to take em, hell, I scalped Carlin too, praetorian turned on the emperor and bit the hand that feeds him...what's he gonna do? Flee his own arena... whoops, apparently he did, and then he shut it down. See how that works?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:31 am

This new forum is active enough that I can't keep up. I'm really happy so many of us made the jump
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:35 am

Where else they gonna go? There's only one DCF crew there's nothing like it anywhere else on the internet, you can search forever you won't find it, and as far as the format, these type forums are out of style, most people are on facebook.

I wasn't gonna come across, I was going to take the window and fade back into the tall grass, but there are Smitty fans out there, apparently, and they said "we need you". So now I'm here, and I'm here to make it the best I can, but we need all hands on deck, otherwise it will fade very quickly.

I think trech will show up eventually, he's a junkie, he won't be able to stop himself, but I don't know about Trek, he was being kind of "so long everybody" about shit, so he might just take the window to fade back into the tall grass instead. Hopefully not, but he was being pretty damn thorough about his farewells, so I got a bad feeling.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:58 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Well if they don't make the jump, the rest of you better get off your asses and post more. There's no going back to the DCF, there's no other RV where this crew is going to assemble, this is it, right here, right now, it is what we make it, the DCF wasn't big when it started, this crew here is bigger in terms of regulars than the DCF was at the beginning, so quit pining for the DCF, that shit is gone, start building this place, and that means everybody, all you lurkers get off your asses and man a fucking post, otherwise, there ain't gonna be nothing to lurk around.

We don't have the same flow of FNG's here, so the FNG's who are here, are going to have to pick up the slack.

And don't worry, I'm not going to set out to crush you, because I can't play that game here, because we can't sustain those kind of casualties, it's a new forum, we have to build it up, or at the very least, keep it from collapsing, constant flow of dickheads showing up at the DCF, those were the days when I would run them off just for looking at me funny, but I'm not going to play it like that here, need all the dickheads we can get.

We don't have critical mass here, so people can't just hang back and spectate, but at the same time, if they do step up, we can't have Archons smoking them just for the sake of smoking them neither, the whole point of Archons was to be a praetorian guard for Dan Carlin, but Carlin ain't here, so there's nothing to guard anymore.

We ain't the DCF anymore, DCF is dead, we are ex-DCF, but this is a completely different animal here, so if we want someplace to go to carry on as ex-DCF, we need to make this work, and recognize that it don't work like the DCF did. We might get some more people, but not a flow, so we can't afford as many passengers nor casualties.

And I say that as one the Big Three rhetorical killing machines of the DCF, nobody drove more people off than me, Trek, and Dolan, but like I said, I promise to go easy on yeas here... unless I know you're a junkie who can't kick the habit, then I might take a chunk outta yea or two.

The DCF was a rhetorical arena, where we took scalps just to take em, hell, I scalped Carlin too, praetorian turned on the emperor and bit the hand that feeds him...what's he gonna do? Flee his own arena... whoops, apparently he did, and then he shut it down. See how that works?