It’s Impossible

Martin Hash

It’s Impossible

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:20 am

I did a couple hundred videos over the past 10 years about political topics when I was running for office. After losing several times, I deleted almost all of them except for 4. I hadn’t rewatched those 4 until tonight, halfway scared that they were too embarrassing... They were awesome: my points were perfectly aimed, yet none of those videos got much more than 100 views?! Same with my podcasts: 1200 of them, most really strong, but hardly any listeners?

I watch Scott Adams, Tim Pool & Aaron Clarey with their poor production value: hacks comparable to me but they have tons of listeners. My conclusion: it’s pure luck. I’ve done everything possible at an acceptable level and no one gives a shit. I’ll keep doing it just because I’m one of the very few people who actually stands up for their beliefs, but so what?

I’m not looking for any advice: I’m rich & accomplished far beyond anyone who would be offering it; I’m just disappointed & bitchy.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Xenophon

Re: It’s Impossible

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:34 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:20 am
I did a couple hundred videos over the past 10 years about political topics when I was running for office. After losing several times, I deleted almost all of them except for 4. I hadn’t rewatched those 4 until tonight, halfway scared that they were too embarrassing... They were awesome: my points were perfectly aimed, yet none of those videos got much more than 100 views?! Same with my podcasts: 1200 of them, most really strong, but hardly any listeners?

I watch Scott Adams, Tim Pool & Aaron Clarey with their poor production value: hacks comparable to me but they have tons of listeners. My conclusion: it’s pure luck. I’ve done everything possible at an acceptable level and no one gives a shit. I’ll keep doing it just because I’m one of the very few people who actually stands up for their beliefs, but so what?

I’m not looking for any advice: I’m rich & accomplished far beyond anyone who would be offering it; I’m just disappointed & bitchy.
Hang in there, buddy.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:15 am

I've never looked into, but I understand there is a standard marketing, advertising strategy on youtube videos to get more attention. I dunno know, but I've seen some of that stuff referernced.

The three you mentioned. Scott Adams had a daily following from a comic strip he gained in the old system of going through newspapers. Aaron Clarey rode Terrence Popps coat tails, Tim Pool vaulted himself by being at OWS at it's height. That's how they did it.

I kind of watched Gab blow up. It was relatively small 2 years ago when I started there, and I'm not very active. But I did get to watch an influx of new members after Trump lost, and the huge numbers that joined in January of last year. So many that the older members called them J21ers as a slander. There are people post there that went from zero to 10k followers quickly, and the content isn't very good. However, they do seem to put out a lot of content. Volume does seem to matter.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:39 am

Hey, the problem is your media is dry... look at people that are making it today, they have a niche that can get views, they say things that get headlines, etc...

Joe Rogan as an example, well below your mental scale, but he has thrown well above his class. The same can be said with Scott Adams, etc.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:52 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:39 am
Hey, the problem is your media is dry... look at people that are making it today, they have a niche that can get views, they say things that get headlines, etc...

Joe Rogan as an example, well below your mental scale, but he has thrown well above his class. The same can be said with Scott Adams, etc.
One thing I've noticed is that most commentators that make it utilize interview shows very well.
Tim Pool, Jordan Petersen, etc. Michael Malice has a show, but he is most memorable when others are interviewing him. It allows access to an entire audience that didn't know you existed.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience