New form of recruiters: Shit stickers.

The Conservative

New form of recruiters: Shit stickers.

Post by The Conservative » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:16 am

I am currently job searching again (this time because my old boss decided to screw the company over and well deep-six a lot of people before Christmas) No, I did not work at Better...

Long story short in my case the CEO screwed a bunch of us out of benefits, health insurance, and actual pay... he took our taxes from our checks and didn't send them in to the IRS, etc...

So, because of this, I can't get Unemployment, and I fighting to actually get it now, but I'll survive (and it is a reason for a lawsuit that I have going on now)

So with that news out of the way (yay me!) I am getting phone calls from people over in the Middle East... and they are using google's phone systems and other systems to pretend they are from Minnesota, NJ, etc... these "recruiting sweatshops" are terrible, they make answering the phone a chore...

I just got a phone call from Norwood Young America, MN from a guy that was actually from Baharain... I know because I asked where he was calling from, he accidentally said Bahrain instead of where he said it was from.

They are calling asking "You looking for job?"

Never mind that you can't actually understand them... but they attempt to lowball you as well and they know it. Forget the fact that they keyword search your resume and don't care what you are doing, what you are making, or what your title is. It's the fact you are looking for work, and you at one time in your history (7+ years ago) did what they are looking for. Never mind you were a director, or manager, or whatever...

They get insulted in you actually tell them that they are lowballing you, and that it would have to be $20/hr more minimum for me to even think about doing the job. They want someone with 20+ years of experience to do an entry-level job? Do you seriously think the employer won't realize that you are severely over-qualified for the job the minute they start talking to you?

This not only puts you in a bad light, but it's also a huge waste of your time and effort.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Re: New form of recruiters: Shit stickers.

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:48 am

Yeah I hang up immediately on recruiters with a heavy accent. I don’t understand how these guys make any money.

Make sure you update your resume on Indeed and Dice. You’ll get a bunch of junk, but all the real recruiters start calling within 48 hours.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:50 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:48 am
Yeah I hang up immediately on recruiters with a heavy accent. I don’t understand how these guys make any money.

Make sure you update your resume on Indeed and Dice. You’ll get a bunch of junk, but all the real recruiters start calling within 48 hours.
Oh, I have and I do. I am actually going to record one of them one day for my podcast I'm starting up soon. I just got about a dozen things I need to take care of before doing it though...

Side note, I do have it on Indeed, and Dice, but my god... lowball assholes...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:46 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:50 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Oh, I have and I do. I am actually going to record one of them one day for my podcast I'm starting up soon. I just got about a dozen things I need to take care of before doing it though...

Yeah there’s a ton of small businesses trying to ‘do data’ on a budget. The big boys all use recruiters, which makes it easy.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:10 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:46 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:50 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Yeah there’s a ton of small businesses trying to ‘do data’ on a budget. The big boys all use recruiters, which makes it easy.
And then you got the shit stickers... people who you can't understand... this is a no-win situation.
#NotOneRedCent