Does Anyone Really Believe in Liberty?

DBTrek

Re: Does Anyone Really Believe in Liberty?

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:04 pm

A wise man once said:
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:20 pm
I'm for more Liberty for all. However, when you start punishing people for success thinking it's going to give Liberty to others, your getting into dangerous territory.
:clap:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:05 pm

I take pride in boiling things down to their component parts. It requires a thorough understanding of the motivations involved. I didn’t used to think Rs were Fascists because the word had been compromised, but it originally was authoritarianism by private elites. I didn’t used to know what a NeoCon was but now I know it’s authoritarianism by private elites. Forced vaccinations by private hospitals, even of non-medical staff, is authoritarianism by private elites. An aristocracy and the nepotism that accompanies it is authoritarianism by private elites. Theocracy, another big component of the Republican Party is authoritarianism by private elites who purport to talk to God. All of the constituents of the Republican Party are Fascists.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:08 pm

Since I put liberty first, there is no party for me, and as it turns out, nobody else left who believes like I do. Liberty is gone.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:10 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:04 pm
A wise man once said:
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:20 pm
I'm for more Liberty for all. However, when you start punishing people for success thinking it's going to give Liberty to others, your getting into dangerous territory.
:clap:
Good riddance to liberty.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:28 pm

Man had government for millennia upon millennia with no liberty.
Men in civilization did not have widespread liberty until the rise of capitalism and the industrial revolution.

If one believes government is the key to liberty, they have about 12,000 years of illiberal government rule to explain away.
If one believes free markets and private property rights increase liberty in a civilization, they have about 300 years of positive history in their corner.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:34 pm

You convinced me, I’m out: let the world burn.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:36 pm

I live Liberty as much as possible. As I've related before, in the last few weeks I've driven all over the state without a drivers license, sometimes with out of date tags, I've fished without a license, shot guns from public roads. Drove while drinking.

A lot of people would say that's not cool. But in my corner of the world, Liberty is OK. Yeah, I may get caught and the man will fine me. But that chances are slim and I'll get around to getting the required licenses, but I don't freak out about having to follow rules.

I don't doubt that Liberty is dead for you.......................... but ask yourself, is it because you refuse to find Liberty ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:47 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:36 pm
I live Liberty as much as possible. As I've related before, in the last few weeks I've driven all over the state without a drivers license, sometimes with out of date tags, I've fished without a license, shot guns from public roads. Drove while drinking.

A lot of people would say that's not cool. But in my corner of the world, Liberty is OK. Yeah, I may get caught and the man will fine me. But that chances are slim and I'll get around to getting the required licenses, but I don't freak out about having to follow rules.

I don't doubt that Liberty is dead for you.......................... but ask yourself, is it because you refuse to find Liberty ?

:lol:

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:49 pm

If I had a time machine that could only send back a piece of paper, I'd send a copy of the Pledge of Allegiance back for every state ratifying convention considering the Constitution in 1787-88 with an explanation of how it has been used in American culture in the 20th and 21st centuries. BOOM! No ratification.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Fascism has always been popular. Liberty was damn lucky to get through. I actually had no idea it was held in such universal contempt. No wonder my writings have never caught on. Well, it benefited me so fuck you guys; you’ll just have to be adopted into a dynastic family.