Does Anyone Really Believe in Liberty?

Martin Hash

Does Anyone Really Believe in Liberty?

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:46 pm

This forum is obviously populated with The Right, as far as traditional values go, but the threads I’ve been in lately seem to support aristocracy, which is antithetical to liberty unless you are one of the lucky members of that class. I’ve come to recognize that authoritarianism by private elites, like an aristocracy, is Fascism. Of course, Communism, authoritarianism by public elites, is actually hostile towards liberty.

Who here makes liberty for all the goal of society. It used to be like that when I was a kid; that’s what we chanted in the Pledge of Allegiance anyway.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: Does Anyone Really Believe in Liberty?

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:20 pm

I'm for more Liberty for all. However, when you start punishing people for success thinking it's going to give Liberty to others, your getting into dangerous territory.

It's a trade off, has to be one that works for society. I would like to think a good system would have guardrails preventing things like monopolies of entire industries.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:25 pm

All news is bullshit and all science is to be distrusted, but with that said, research of the last two generations has shown Europeans have more class mobility than Americans. Nepotism and cronyism here has reached unprecedented proportions. Concentrated wealth in American is literally off the charts. But go ahead, claim those are good things because they deserve it.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:25 pm
All news is bullshit and all science is to be distrusted, but with that said, research of the last two generations has shown Europeans have more class mobility than Americans. Nepotism and cronyism here has reached unprecedented proportions. Concentrated wealth in American is literally off the charts. But go ahead, claim those are good things because they deserve it.
+1
The Cancer of Washington DC has spread out and infected the entire country. The masses and indivuals are now saying, better get me some.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:29 pm

“The child has grown, the dream is gone.” - Pink Floyd, Comfortably Numb

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Liberty has officially entered the ashcan of history: what emerges will be Fascism or Communism. Smitty called it.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:06 pm

Back when I first got into politics, both parties were dominated by men. Republican men were Fascists and Democrat men fought against them for liberty. There were no Communists. As women took over the Democrat Party, it became Communist, so now the man-woman battle is Fascism vs. Communism, and there’s really no place for liberty.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:39 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:06 pm
Back when I first got into politics, both parties were dominated by men. Republican men were Fascists and Democrat men fought against them for liberty. There were no Communists. As women took over the Democrat Party, it became Communist, so now the man-woman battle is Fascism vs. Communism, and there’s really no place for liberty.

Ridiculous simplified summaries like that are Bullshit.
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:46 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:39 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:06 pm
Ridiculous simplified summaries like that are Bullshit.
In terms of the men vs. women war.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:55 pm

You're better than that.

The first thing I'm going to say is, FDR. FDR tossing Japanese Americans into camps, bloating the government, etc. How was he a Libertyist ?

I can make a blanket statement that Both D's and R's in the 20th C were all Progressives, and there there were no Liberty minded people at the switch, and it's a better argument than Commies or Fascists.
PLATA O PLOMO