I Banned Monte Again

Martin Hash

I Banned Monte Again

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:17 am

After 5 years of this and 4 years on Dan's forum, I think I have a feel for the 2 categories of people who frequent forums, either as posters or lurkers: there are sincere people who want to discuss important things rationally, and there are people who enjoy a shitshow. I think it splits about 50/50.

I've always been interested in discovering the truth as part of my quest for wisdom. When there's a whole lot of Monte or StA or even Smitty, I find I stop reading the forum. I'm afraid to open it up and feel awful, just like I do if the News comes on and I quickly rush out of the room.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: I Banned Monte Again

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:15 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:17 am

I've always been interested in discovering the truth as part of my quest for wisdom. When there's a whole lot of Monte or StA or even Smitty, I find I stop reading the forum. I'm afraid to open it up and feel awful, just like I do if the News comes on and I quickly rush out of the room.

While I've never been bothered by Monte, I'm fine with your decision.

The issue you outline here is why I pulled back from the forum. When you cant have a recreational conversation about entertainment , Fuck it, it's not worth my time.

My preference would be to hav weed posted Guidelines for what will get you tossed.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:32 am

"Diversity is divisive." - me

Basically, to post here you have to be a supporter of what Trump did, not be an SJW, not be a Covidian, and not be a Climate Alarmist; I'm not sure how many people there are left in the world like that.

On the flip side, crazy Q stuff is interesting even if it is BS. A 911-Truther has his place occasionally, and other kinds of conspiracy theories that are funny.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:07 am

Trump is still an idiot, and jet fuel doesn’t melt steel beams.
:wave:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:44 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:32 am

Basically, to post here you have to be a supporter of what Trump did, not be an SJW, not be a Covidian, and not be a Climate Alarmist; I'm not sure how many people there are left in the world like that.

On the flip side, crazy Q stuff is interesting even if it is BS. A 911-Truther has his place occasionally, and other kinds of conspiracy theories that are funny.
greatawakening.win is the Q mecca, currently. Lot's of copes if you're interested.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:36 am

Martin Hash wrote:

I can live with those side boards.
The current standard in social media is partisan platforms.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:48 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:07 am
Trump is still an idiot, and jet fuel doesn’t melt steel beams.
:wave:
The world is not flat. :shifty:

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:50 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:36 am
I can live with those side boards.
The current standard in social media is partisan platforms.
C-Mag probably one of only five or six people who knows I'm posting here more often simply because the mainstream social media platforms have similar policies in place against people like me. You can't support Trump, reject critical race theory, and favor free markets on mainstream social media platforms. Either the platform itself will discriminate against you, or, more often, the platform allows leftists to freely attack you then bans you for retaliating.

So ... do I think hyper-partisanship is a destructive shit show? Yes. Do I have a choice in whether it becomes the new norm for the internet? Nope.

So I just gotta limit myself to posting where I can post without helping my enemies or destroying my friends.
For now, that place seems to be here and Gab.
And Gab is down.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:52 am

Martin Hash wrote:

It’s the refusal to debate - it’s either bc their afraid of being proven wrong, know they’re wrong but don’t give a fuck, or are just plain dumb. Any way you slice it - average human doesn’t have the stuff for sovereignty (even in limited forms).

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:55 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:52 am
Martin Hash wrote:

It’s the refusal to debate - it’s either bc their afraid of being proven wrong, know they’re wrong but don’t give a fuck, or are just plain dumb. Any way you slice it - average human doesn’t have the stuff for sovereignty (even in limited forms).
Monte can debate when he’s not under mind-control. I think it’s a lack of self-awareness.