Where the hell do these kids learn discipline?

The Conservative

Where the hell do these kids learn discipline?

Post by The Conservative » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:01 am

My sister-in-law which is still in high school has been babysitting my son. I swear, if I didn't have a video of what happened I would have thought my son was making up a story to make him look like he was innocent. (he is stubborn by nature)

I have never seen such a lazy, self-centered, arrogant, not willing to take responsibility for their own actions generation in my life...

They said Gen-X was bad, fuck, we are hard workers compared to these twatteries...

He was having an issue with tube socks (putting them on) and she told him to do so, he couldn't he started to get frustrated and angry... and said he couldn't do it. When he gets like that, you need to calm him down and show him how to do it. She refused to, she yelled at him, telling him he should know how to do it... if they were regular socks he could, but tube socks are a PITA... He also stubbed a toe so he is a little sensitive on his foot right now, and rightfully so.

So when he started to yell at her back (and personally I wasn't happy with what I saw, but I could understand his anger) he threw the sock when she wouldn't help.

She grabbed him by the arm and dragged him across several rooms and down the stairs to get a "time out".

I can't tell you how ripshit I am at that treatment. My son is no angel when he gets that way, but he doesn't blow up at people for no reason most of the time. (rare occasions is when he needs a nap)
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Re: Where the hell do these kids learn discipline?

Post by Xenophon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:22 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:01 am
My sister-in-law which is still in high school has been babysitting my son. I swear, if I didn't have a video of what happened I would have thought my son was making up a story to make him look like he was innocent. (he is stubborn by nature)

I have never seen such a lazy, self-centered, arrogant, not willing to take responsibility for their own actions generation in my life...

They said Gen-X was bad, fuck, we are hard workers compared to these twatteries...

He was having an issue with tube socks (putting them on) and she told him to do so, he couldn't he started to get frustrated and angry... and said he couldn't do it. When he gets like that, you need to calm him down and show him how to do it. She refused to, she yelled at him, telling him he should know how to do it... if they were regular socks he could, but tube socks are a PITA... He also stubbed a toe so he is a little sensitive on his foot right now, and rightfully so.

So when he started to yell at her back (and personally I wasn't happy with what I saw, but I could understand his anger) he threw the sock when she wouldn't help.

She grabbed him by the arm and dragged him across several rooms and down the stairs to get a "time out".

I can't tell you how ripshit I am at that treatment. My son is no angel when he gets that way, but he doesn't blow up at people for no reason most of the time. (rare occasions is when he needs a nap)
I'm sorry to hear that. Given that the girl is in high school, she probably has very little experience with kids. I know it's frustrating, but you probably need to let your wife talk to her about how she needs to treat your son, and set up some boundaries with her if she is going to continue being the babysitter.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:29 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:22 am
The Conservative wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. Given that the girl is in high school, she probably has very little experience with kids. I know it's frustrating, but you probably need to let your wife talk to her about how she needs to treat your son, and set up some boundaries with her if she is going to continue being the babysitter.
I would say under most circumstances you'd be right, but my wife's family is one busted car away from being a southern-hick trailer trash kind of family... this girl had to change her brother's diapers... so I know she has toddler experience, I expected better than this.

And trust me, tomorrow is her last day... I made that perfectly clear.
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:36 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:29 am
Xenophon wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

I would say under most circumstances you'd be right, but my wife's family is one busted car away from being a southern-hick trailer trash kind of family... this girl had to change her brother's diapers... so I know she has toddler experience, I expected better than this.

It's a lack of maturity and guidance that she's showing. Changing diapers does not a parent make. Sounds to me that she has never had anyone teach her about the role of patience in child-rearing. Is she truly the type to not listen to instructions from your wife?

Also, I'll overlook the Southern slur. ;)

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:48 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:36 am
The Conservative wrote:
Xenophon wrote:

It's a lack of maturity and guidance that she's showing. Changing diapers does not a parent make. Sounds to me that she has never had anyone teach her about the role of patience in child-rearing. Is she truly the type to not listen to instructions from your wife?

My family is Southern traditionally but they got the charm, and not the generic southern hick expectations... and my wife's parents are the first generation out of the trailer park. They have a sink, with a fridge next to it in the front on the front yard, a busted down tractor, two cars that don't run on cement blocks, and another that runs only downhill in the driveway... and a chicken coop with half a dozen chickens, and three dogs roaming the property... It's not a slur if they fit the stereotype.

She listens to my wife, but her attitude... fuck me... I want to take her out behind the chicken coop and have her pick a switch out and beat the dumb out of her.
#NotOneRedCent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 am

The Conservative wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:48 am
Xenophon wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

My family is Southern traditionally but they got the charm, and not the generic southern hick expectations... and my wife's parents are the first generation out of the trailer park. They have a sink, with a fridge next to it in the front on the front yard, a busted down tractor, two cars that don't run on cement blocks, and another that runs only downhill in the driveway... and a chicken coop with half a dozen chickens, and three dogs roaming the property... It's not a slur if they fit the stereotype.

She listens to my wife, but her attitude... fuck me... I want to take her out behind the chicken coop and have her pick a switch out and beat the dumb out of her.
I know. If I were you, I'd let your wife handle talking to her family. I know you're pissed, and rightfully so. But I'd give your sister-in-law an opportunity to talk to her before just firing her.

Having said that, if you have a real concern about this girl physically abusing your son, then for sure, kick her out.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:18 am

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 am
The Conservative wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:48 am
Xenophon wrote:

I know. If I were you, I'd let your wife handle talking to her family. I know you're pissed, and rightfully so. But I'd give your sister-in-law an opportunity to talk to her before just firing her.

Having said that, if you have a real concern about this girl physically abusing your son, then for sure, kick her out.
I do have my wife talk to her, and as I said, tomorrow is her last day.
#NotOneRedCent