Does anyone else's family make them feel like running away as fast as you can from them?

The Conservative

Does anyone else's family make them feel like running away as fast as you can from them?

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:14 pm

My family is a mix of southern hospitality on the outside with a heavy dose of Satan and Pinhead when they think they aren't being watched... on the inside... and that is very thinly veiled as of late.

When my book series takes off, which I hope it will, I am moving from where I am now, and I am really tempted to not leave a forwarding address to my family, except if it's a PO Box...

The reason behind this is I have been cleaning out my mother's house (one she wants to sell because she has gone through 1/2 a million in cash in less than 10 years). My sister, which doesn't want to do anything but complain (even though she is the one that actually is the reason why my mother is nearly "broke" by not being able to afford to live in the house she bought with her now "ex-boyfriend" by herself. for the past five years... so my mother has been paying the loan off.

So when I am called in to help clean up, I arrive and I see that my sister's new "boy toy" got "first dibs" on my father's and grandfather's hardware because they were "there first"... so the stuff I actually set aside for me, is now in the possession of my sister's "boy toy" which is also an alcoholic...

Which is another story altogether... such as my sister caused her first husband to become an alcoholic and she divorced him because he wasn't a good husband, caused her second husband to commit suicide (by having him hang himself while she was at work) and buried the same day of my son's birthday, and her last boyfriend to become a lush, now this one puts back a 30 pack at a sitting, and my sister and they laugh about how her kids found her sleeping in a closet because she thought it was a bathroom... kids I raised for almost two years on my own with my wife because of my sister's first divorce... (anyone else see a pattern here?)

And I have become the family archivist, and historian.

I kept from my sister throwing away 70 years of photos, my grandfather's and grandmother's communications during WWII, and also the family tree history.

With me just getting things back on track in my life (even with a good-paying job) this family is worse than the mob...as soon as you think your life is back on track, they suck you back in and decide to try to ruin it every opportunity they can.

Oh, on top of that, my mother gave my sister's "boy toy" my father's guns... because he's a "hunter"... SO FUCKING WHAT?

That includes a 50-cal, a 30-30, and a few other guns...I had to fight for my grandfather's 30-6 Springfield.

I swear, this family is toxic, and if my book takes off, I am going to find a way to give them all a chunk of change and tell them to get the fuck out of my life. I am not having my son learn bad manners by this kind of mental disease that I call a "family"
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Does anyone else's family make them feel like running away as fast as you can from them?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:43 pm

I have twin 3-year olds. My family can’t even affect how stressed I am.

It sounds to me like it’s time for more direct confrontation. You seem to be getting walked over.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Re: Does anyone else's family make them feel like running away as fast as you can from them?

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:57 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:43 pm
I have twin 3-year olds. My family can’t even affect how stressed I am.

It sounds to me like it’s time for more direct confrontation. You seem to be getting walked over.
Oh, I am being cordial, as a request from my mother, so not to "cause issues"... If I wanted to cause problems I can, but fucking hell, to be the adult in the conversation, is really taking it's toll.

And I'm not stressed, I'm just fucking pissed. My mother is not doing shit to help her own situation. And when I bring up things that she needs to deal with, she refuses to do so, saying it "upsets her"...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:58 pm

I think this is common in middle aged women. They simply refuse to engage with the world anymore.

At least, it’s the case with my mom too. She drowns herself in worry and fear, but can’t handle even the slightest disagreement.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:19 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:58 pm
I think this is common in middle aged women. They simply refuse to engage with the world anymore.

At least, it’s the case with my mom too. She drowns herself in worry and fear, but can’t handle even the slightest disagreement.
If 73 is middle aged. We are fucked.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:35 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:19 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:58 pm

If 73 is middle aged. We are fucked.
‘Over 60’ I guess lol

Formerly GrumpyCatFace