My New YouTube Channel

Martin Hash

My New YouTube Channel

Post by Martin Hash » Sun May 17, 2020 12:00 pm

I'm posting here so that people can say what they think; it may not be what I want to hear but that's the breaks. When I move these links into my area, you will not be allowed to be candid, only supportive. I'm trying to build a brand after all. I'll keep posting the new episodes here until I can't take the criticism anymore.

Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: My New YouTube Channel

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun May 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:00 pm
I'm posting here so that people can say what they think; it may not be what I want to hear but that's the breaks. When I move these links into my area, you will not be allowed to be candid, only supportive. I'm trying to build a brand after all. I'll keep posting the new episodes here until I can't take the criticism anymore.

That is rad. "Demonstrative house" :lol:

You need to get some royalty-free stingers for when you aren't talking.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun May 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Music?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun May 17, 2020 12:39 pm

Yeah. The longer shots of your cool shit are good, but the energy kind off drops if you aren't talking. Short high energy stingers would smooth that out.

I know there are a bunch of websites that have massive libraries of royalty-free stingers for like, 99 cents a pop.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun May 17, 2020 12:46 pm

Or, shit... there used to be.

It looks like the pricing has gone up... but

https://audiojungle.net/tags/stinger
https://us.audionetwork.com/browse/m/mu ... er/results

If you want a more ironic tone, there used to be awesome libraries of public domain music from the early 20th c... I am sure with some digging you could find one of those.
Last edited by Hanarchy Montanarchy on Sun May 17, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL!

-Hwen

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun May 17, 2020 12:47 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Good video.
As far as improvement goes, I'd just recommend considering the who/what/why/where ("when" is irrelevant for YouTube) reporter type questions as they pertain to the video.

Who is this video for: People who want to be Renaissance Men (you sure you want to limit it to men? Cut your viewership in half from the get go?)

What is this video about: It appears to be about all the things this guy (you) owns. The collection is eclectic and interesting though, so it makes for good viewing.

Why does this video exist: This question is where I think the video could benefit from the most examination. As we saw earlier, the video is for people who want to be Renaissance Men. It shows a lot of eclectic stuff. But why? What does all this stuff have to do with being a Renaissance Man? Why are Renaissance Men interested in this stuff? What does this stuff mean to you? There's a missed opportunity to make a connection between the intended audience and the featured content in this video, I think.

Where is this video going: We're told at the end that this is going to be a series of videos for aspiring Renaissance Men. So this question was pretty much a home run.

That's just one way to analyze the video of course, but there's my quick and dirty feedback. I'm gonna PM you something too. Good luck on your channel, Martin. Looks like an interesting topic.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun May 17, 2020 1:15 pm

As a fellow Renaissance man and lord of Manor I do approve everything Hash does at all times. That is all.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun May 17, 2020 1:43 pm

DB said most of what I'd say, especially on the question of "Why" and building a connection to the viewer and what it is you wish to offer to the viewer. I think that’s the most important question to answer because that’s how you can get people invested.

I think for anyone coming across your videos without having specifically searched your name, they might wonder at the alternate spelling of "man", and if they were familiar with the term Renaissance Man before, they might want know if your definition of the term was different.

Related to that and this is my personal curiousity, the polymaths I have read about from the Enlightenment Age, focused on a lot of different fields but often it would be a combination of natural sciences, philosophy and history (and early archaeology). Does or should an interest in the non-STEM field hold the same sort of import to the RM that you're advocating, as it did Enlightenment Age polymaths.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun May 17, 2020 2:10 pm

A couple episodes in, I explain the difference between a Polymath and a RMyn, but I stretch the envelope to say a RMyn should be expected to be wise, and that requires knowledge & experience in a circumference of areas. But even without my expansion, art was a huge component of RMynhood. And anyone who has not run a business has no idea of the experience & wisdom that provides. I have over 50 episodes outlined. (Travel is a big component too.)

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 20, 2020 6:02 pm

I've done the 2nd installment: