Again?!

Montegriffo

Re: Again?!

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 17, 2020 1:07 pm

Who is talking about carbon dioxide?
I was talking about carbon monoxide and other noxious fumes.
Shit that actually harms you directly if you breathe it in because some fat cow is too selfish to shut her engine off and open a fucking window.
Bear in mind, this is England we are talking about not Florida. It wasn't even what you would call a hot day.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun May 17, 2020 1:17 pm

i can't imagine even noticing someone idling their car in a parking lot

how long is the correct time to idle your car in the morning to let it warm up? how long can i idle before the state gets involved

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun May 17, 2020 1:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:36 pm
I mean, what the fuck. How is anyone defending her right to needlessly pollute the air while other shoppers have to walk past her exhaust?
... and the homeless, needlessly polluting our streets and spreading disease, and the single mothers, needlessly increasing the burden on the rest of us by creating offspring they can't support, and the . . . well, I guess we could do a pretty long list of "others" whose very existence is a negative imposition on polite society.

Yet you seem to regard my examples as heroes of some kind of struggle, and your example as someone who needs a good face kicking. Strange, that. The way you're so understanding, accommodating, and encouraging of certain types of assholes, and completely intolerant of other types.
:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun May 17, 2020 1:23 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:17 pm

how long is the correct time to idle your car in the morning to let it warm up? how long can i idle before the state gets involved
Zero. It's not a German machine quit treating it like one. There is no need to idle your car to let it warm at all in 99% of situations.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 17, 2020 1:35 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:17 pm

There you go, idling your car on a cold day is reasonable behavior. It reduces wear on your engine bearings, piston rings etc.
The length of time will depend on things like engine size and outside temperature. If your windscreen is frozen solid it may take a few minutes extra to clear it.
Not the same as my example.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 17, 2020 1:43 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:18 pm

Yet you seem to regard my examples as heroes of some kind of struggle,
Really? What are you basing that on?
I'd call shitting in the streets full-on antisocial and far from heroic.
Not sure what relevance single mothers have to a conversation about pollution and anti-social behaviour.
You were probably in such a hurry to shoehorn in a favourite hobby horse that you didn't take the time to think it through properly.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun May 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:43 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:18 pm

Yet you seem to regard my examples as heroes of some kind of struggle,
Really? What are you basing that on?
I'd call shitting in the streets full-on antisocial and far from heroic.
Not sure what relevance single mothers have to a conversation about pollution and anti-social behaviour.
You were probably in such a hurry to shoehorn in a favourite hobby horse that you didn't take the time to think it through properly.
You don't see how spreading STD's is anti-social? You don't see how statistically speaking children raised by single mothers are more likely to be fucked up people? Almost every serial killer you have heard of was raised by a single mother. Drug abuse, alcoholism, criminality, and a host of other "anti-social" traits are linked to single motherhood. We haven't even discussed the elephant in the room, which is that by and large, single mothers are almost always on the dole. Their lives are rarely sustainable, and always require an influx of taxpayer cash to support. In my personal life, just about every single mother I ever met was not a good mother and would not be someone I'd entrust a goldfish with. There are millions of women in America who are bleeding multiple men dry and taxpayers because they can't keep their legs closed or tell the morons who inseminate them to wear a fucking condom.

All that being said, I'm not trying to restrict people's sexuality. Liberty comes with bad side effects, but your cure is worse. Giving the gov't free reign is not the answer to these age old problems. It won't solve them and almost always makes it worse.

In fact, the way you make shit like this better, is to get the gov't the fuck out of the equation. Stop subsidizing single mothers. There are plenty of charities, churches, and generous individuals who are already doing so. Eliminate these govt incentives for bad behaviors. Don't arrest woman for banging thirty guys a month, but don't give them a free paycheck.
Last edited by heydaralon on Sun May 17, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun May 17, 2020 2:00 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Indeed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun May 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:55 pm
BjornP wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:45 pm
Don't fix with government what you can fix with society.

The first time some asshole blowing smoke in people's faces either gets a punch in the face, or otherwise through social means understands that no one thinks they're cool for being a cunt, everone else watching the exchange learns what the taboos and social limits are.

And if the lady has a good enough reason to run her engine for 20 mins and kids aren't gluing their mouths to the exhaust... it'll be alright.
Isn't that what I did by knocking on her window and asking why her engine was running?
All that resulted in was her giving me a ''what the fuck has it got to do with you'' look.
She said ''it's hot'' I said ''open your windows then'' and she just ignored me.
Selfish cow.
Meanwhile, people are having to walk past her fumes to get to the shop.
If I see her again I'll report her lawbreaking to the authorities since social pressure had zero fucking effect on her.
Let's see if a small fine works instead.
I got that from your earlier post that wanted that she should be subjected to legal sanction. Seems my assumption is correct.

You assume that because this small, isolated incident didn't immidiately result in her changing her ways, there wad "zero effect".

Wrong assumption. She could agree, but could have shocked, she could have doubled down out of pride. You never had so much trouble swallowing your pride despite you were wrong, that you just doubled down instead? Maybe she re alls to story to her friends, and instead calling you a Karen, they say she was in the wrong.

Lots of things can happen without you seeing them.

And also even if your assumption is correct, does her idling constitute a health risk that wouldn't or couldn't exist otherwise? That couldn't be avoided?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun May 17, 2020 2:01 pm

I hope you people are going to clean your hobby horseshit up after you have finished. Grumpy can put it on his rhubarb.