2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

clubgop

2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:05 pm

Derek Jeter- The Captian, an all around player in an age of specialization. Maybe some overhype because of where he played and who he played for, but he took advantage of those opportunities.

Curt Schilling- Not the longevity of his contemporaries Glavine or Maddux but his clutch performance is proven time and again in undeniable fashion. If there is one game that is a must win and I have to choose between Gregg Maddux and Curt Schilling, Curt Schilling gets the ball every time. Hell Curt Schilling may get the ball in those circumstances with the choice of any pitcher of any era.

Jeff Kent- Unprecedented, unmatched power from a second baseman. Most HRs among all 2B. If you think Ryne Sandberg is a HOFer than Kent must be as well.

Barry Bonds- This is the Hall of Fame not the Hall of People I Want My Kids to Be Like. He was never formally caught and those Hits count, all of them. You can’t unring all those bells.

Roger Clemens- See Barry Bonds

Manny Ramirez- Could pass this off like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, but he was caught, twice, still those numbers are there and when you watched him play, you knew it was genuine that hitting came naturally to him. It was a sixth sense for him.

Omar Vizquel- Gonna have to face it, I’m addicted to glove. This player won a golden glove at age 39 at shortstop. One of the best fielding shortstops to ever play the game. A decent consistent bat, but an absolute bulwark at the heart of a defense.

Larry Walker- In his last year of eligibility I added his name. So many people have made me take a second look. If you think just because he played his career in Colorado and benefitted from that, I urge you to think again. His numbers were consistent throughout his playing career and his Home/Road splits reveals a little more power at Coors Field, of course but Avg. and on base numbers are about the same anywhere else.

Only 8 names this year, The first year class this time around is fairly thin and in the future may also be slow. I wanted to vote for Bobby Abreu being a total Phillies homer but I just couldn’t.

heydaralon

Re: 2020 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:12 pm

George Washington Carver should definitely be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. He was the first black man to play in the MLB. When the Brooklyn Dodgers signed him on, many fans would boo at him from the stadium and yell racial slurs. But he won a World Series championship and immortalized that team!
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:20 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:12 pm
George Washington Carver should definitely be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. He was the first black man to play in the MLB. When the Brooklyn Dodgers signed him on, many fans would boo at him from the stadium and yell racial slurs. But he won a World Series championship and immortalized that team!
I thought he was the man who invented Charlie Brown. Wiki says he developed Peanuts.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:21 pm

The HOF will be illegitimate and irrelevant until Bonds and Clemens are in
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:11 pm

California wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:21 pm
*yip*
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:16 pm

California wrote:
Hush, I have them on my ballot. What more do you want?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:40 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:16 pm
California wrote:
The idiots who vote on this thing to put them on theirs. Obviously.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:42 am

StCapps wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:40 pm
clubgop wrote:
California wrote:
Well a lot of them won't. It's a standard at least most of them are consistent.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:37 am

clubgop wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:42 am
StCapps wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:40 pm
clubgop wrote:

Well a lot of them won't. It's a standard at least most of them are consistent.
Consistent standards that are stupid aren't made smart just because they are consistent. Fuck those Drug Warrior Faggots, and the horse they rode in on.
*yip*