Re: Christmas Party at my House

Post by Ex-California » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:38 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:01 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:53 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:45 am
It's a whiskey tasting, not a whisky tasting.
I've got a bottle of Lagavulin right here. Says 'whisky' on the bottle.

I've got a bottle of Maker's Mark Bourbon too. Also says 'whisky' on the bottle.
The Bourbon is incorrectly labeled, throw it away.
Whether it is whisky or whiskey has been the basis of many arguments over many years. The Scots spell it whisky and the Irish spell it whiskey, with an extra 'e'. This difference in the spelling comes from the translations of the word from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms. Whiskey with the extra 'e' is also used when referring to American whiskies. This 'e' was taken to the United States by the Irish immigrants in the 1700s and has been used ever since.
http://www.whiskyforeveryone.com/whisky ... iskey.html
The Irish are always right
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:56 pm

California wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:38 am

The Irish are always right
Nope. Whisky was invented in Scotland, by Friar John Cor in 1494.
Nec Aspera Terrent

brewster

Post by brewster » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:32 pm

Hastur wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:28 am
Has anyone tried Blanton's Gold Edition? Best bourbon I've ever tasted.

Didn't get to taste it but I watched Blantons being bottled in July on a distillery tour. Oh, and here's some trivia to fuck with ND: Heaven Hill, which makes like 1/4 of all the bourbon in the country under dozens of labels, was founded and is owned by the Shapiras, a Jewish family. The docent in the visiting center told us they were wonderful people to work for. They make so much bourbon he won't be able to buy any without having to google who actually makes it!
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:51 pm

You aren't telling me anything.

Jewish navy ran the liquor on the great lakes during prohibition.

Jews have a long history of distilled spirits. Maybe you aren't aware of this but jews would give land holders loans to buy jewelry and shit with. In return jews were granted tax collecting rights which gave them the margins to exploit. One of which being, how do you tax a peasant? With grain. Convert it to alcohol and it is potable over long international distances.

Jews and alcohol work hand in hand. Not that I'm even that mad.

Beer. It is good. That's one of the oldest Sumerian text we have. It is some 5k years old. Alcohol fermentation goes back much longer. Unless jews have some secret history older than their proto-phoenician Moloch worshipping traditions Sumerians are the oldest recorded people's to have dispensed beer.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:02 pm

Actually by law, they wrote beer dispensing into a fucking monolith. Code of Hammurabi dictaded how much beer would be dispensed at a funeral for a widow.

Fuck lot more than I can say for my gay, jewish government.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:02 pm

Have never figured out what my people have against beer, it's all wine, wine, wine! Probably then as now, wine was considered classier. I've blessed beer as a "fruit of the vine", the hops vine to be exact.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Carbs.
Fatties.
That's what some people have against beer.

The rest of us temper our beer consumption with this radical shit called exercise.
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:37 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:02 pm
Have never figured out what my people have against beer, it's all wine, wine, wine! Probably then as now, wine was considered classier. I've blessed beer as a "fruit of the vine", the hops vine to be exact.
Who is your people?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:40 pm

Probably your second or third cousin.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:48 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:40 pm
Probably your second or third cousin.
I doubt it but who knows.