Peace

Smitty-48

Re: Peace

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:45 pm

So I think it's great that DSL is gonna let some of the rage go and get with an American woman again.

Because America is actually a great place, and American girls are fantastic.

Don't let it pass you by, get some. Enjoy life, have fun, love and be loved.

That's all that matters in the end.

Just be nice, be affectionate, tell her you love her, tell her she's looking great.

If it comes to a fight, just take one for the team, it's not worth it to try to win, just let it go.

There's no need to dig in against your best girl, a gentleman just lets his girl cool off, to keep the peace.

I always let my wife win the fight in the end, because I love her more than life itself, and she takes care of me.

Like the song says ; you'll never get away from the sound of a woman who loved you, give yourself a chance.

Nec Aspera Terrent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 pm

happy wife happy life

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:24 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 pm
happy wife happy life
Amen Brother! Lets all practice:
"Yes dear"
"I was wrong, sorry"

For me it's easy, I'm married to one of the sanest people I've ever met. People. Not sanest women, not sanest Jewish women (a low bar), but people. When she gets riled up, I know I've fucked up pretty badly. She's starting to get annoyed about 2 doors I had stripped, but never painted. That was like 13 years ago. Fair nuff.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:37 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:24 pm
pineapplemike wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 pm
happy wife happy life
Amen Brother! Lets all practice:
"Yes dear"
"I was wrong, sorry"
I don't ever say that, I don't admit I'm wrong, I just call for a general armistice, Rodney King style.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:49 pm

I mean, I end up doing what I was going to do anyways, I just stop fighting about it.

It's like my wife didn't want me to buy an expensive sports car.

We agreed to call off the fight.

Then I went and bought it without telling her.

Fait accompli ftw.

Turns out she was right, it was too expensive, but whatever, I enjoyed driving it.

I had to admit defeat by trading it in, better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
Nec Aspera Terrent

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:49 pm
I mean, I end up doing what I was going to do anyways, I just stop fighting about it.

Fait accompli ftw.

Turns out she was right, it was too expensive, but whatever, I enjoyed driving it.

I had to admit defeat by trading it in, better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
Thankfully this is one area my wife and I see eye to eye: we're both cheapskates and low maintenance. We don't give a crap about status symbols, or having the best, or needing perfection. From what I've heard, a good chunk of marriages wreck on the rocks of money management, at least as many as infidelity.

The husband of one of my wife's old friends is a compulsive gambler, except he'd say he's an astute stock trader. Every time a nice cushion build up in the bank account from his well paying job it suddenly vanishes. I'd kill him.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:27 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:49 pm

Fait accompli ftw.

Thankfully this is one area my wife and I see eye to eye: we're both cheapskates and low maintenance. We don't give a crap about status symbols, or having the best, or needing perfection. From what I've heard, a good chunk of marriages wreck on the rocks of money management, at least as many as infidelity.

The husband of one of my wife's old friends is a compulsive gambler, except he'd say he's an astute stock trader. Every time a nice cushion build up in the bank account from his well paying job it suddenly vanishes. I'd kill him.
My wife doesn't rely on me for money, she makes her own money, she just thought it was a waste of my money, plus she was thinking I was going to be speeding and getting tickets and maybe a stunt driving charge.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:35 pm

One way to avoid those money fights is to keep your own accounts even if you're married,

Not saying me and my wife don't share our assets, there is a household account which is kept topped up

But we keep our own cash on hand also, so one of us doesn't feel like we have to ask the other to spend money.

I wasn't asking her permission, she just thought it was a dumb idea, and dangerous.
Nec Aspera Terrent

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:35 pm
One way to avoid those money fights is to keep your own accounts even if you're married,
Not saying me and my wife don't share our assets, there is a household account which is kept topped up
But we keep our own cash on hand also, so one of us doesn't feel like we have to ask the other to spend money.
I wasn't asking her permission, she just thought it was a dumb idea, and dangerous.
We do the same, hers, mine, and ours, but you can still run into trouble if you do stupid. I'm actually running into a little independence trouble because my longtime "maker" business has slowly wound down and our jointly owned real estate has replaced it both as my income and time suck. But I've not put myself on the payroll yet, I still have enough independent income for my personal needs.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:12 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:35 pm
We do the same, hers, mine, and ours, but you can still run into trouble if you do stupid. I'm actually running into a little independence trouble because my longtime "maker" business has slowly wound down and our jointly owned real estate has replaced it both as my income and time suck. But I've not put myself on the payroll yet, I still have enough independent income for my personal needs.
I make the odd purchase, like if I buy a gun, or a car, but I'm actually cheap, I don't go out, I don't spend money on clothes, I don't buy a lot of toys, I don't have expensive tastes overall, she has more expensive tastes than me, but she works hard for her money so I don't mind, we're both responsible in terms of making sure the household is paid for and there is a significant strategic reserve before we take any cash for ourselves.

If there was an emergency, I could sell assets, but otherwise I stay invested.
Nec Aspera Terrent