And Trump turned out to be awesome.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

AverageJoe

Re: Peace

Post by AverageJoe » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:04 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:55 am
And Trump turned out to be awesome.
Full disclosure: I did not vote for him or Hillary. I remember joking with family back in April 2016 when they asked who I thought the nominee was going to be and I said Trump. We all had a good laugh. I honestly thought he was doing it for show. Then he won.

So far though, while I don't agree with his style/decisions all the time he has done a pretty damn good job especially considering the opposition he has faced. I give him total kudos though for calling the media out 24/7, they deserve every bit of it and more.

Smitty-48

Re: Peace

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:19 am

AverageJoe wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:52 am
Take care StA. Sorry I was late to the posting. We disagreed on many a thing over the years, but I wish you nothing but hope and happiness for the future.

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:18 pm
The guy was always good to me, even after I laid a beat down on him.

I never really bought into his mantra, in fact all I did was play devil's advocate from the beginning.

I was always just there to hang out, with Carlin and the goodfellas, in the virtual pub.

So I never took offense to him selling out, cause he never sold out on me.

We parted on good terms, and I'm glad for it.
I actually blame Dan's meltdown on you (and me a bit) for calling him out on his hypocrisy and back-peddling towards the end. I forget the argument but I had never seen Dan more confrontational to us and a few others than right at the end. A year or two before the closure I started questioning his logic in the CS podcasts. He seemed to have a position of "no position" and was (to me) constantly contradicting himself and spending an hour-long talk to make absolutely no point. I think he wanted out because so many of us were starting to call his BS on stuff and Trump's win was just the final nail in the coffin.

All those years of him calling, no pleading, on the show for any outsider to win the Presidency and then he bails when wasn't his guy.
I always knew Dan was a Hollywood Liberal Panty Waist, I always said so.

I called him out years before anyone else, mea culpla,

Everybody just came around to my view of it in the end,

But he still treated me well, considering that I was his constant foil.

I think he was just making a career move in the liberal media, so he had to ditch his right wing.

Not personal. Just business.
Nec Aspera Terrent