Peace

Montegriffo

Re: Peace

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:59 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:48 pm
They had me down as having an ongoing mental illness.
Yeah the reviews pissed me off.
I did convince my GP that it really wasn't necessary in the end but it took a few attempts.
There's only so many times you can tell a doctor you've never met before that it was just a case of sleep deprivation and nothing like it has happened since without getting irritated about it.
So when you see a new doctor they comb through your file to see all your hospital visits...

That's terribly thorough of them...
I suppose they bill for this?

And then they quiz you about it?

And what are these "reviews"?
Do they affect your medical insurance premiums or something?

I had a few impressive "breakdowns" in my 20s... with a few prolonged hospital stays... all in one year... I think I was 22.
Somewhat related to hallucinogens... just weed really...
It's what got me interested in psychiatry actually. I took a leave my first year in medical school for this reason.
I then returned the next year and proceeded to graduate top of my class.

And I have never had a "review" or even been looked at funny by any of my GPs over the years.
No, I've had the same GP since school. It's the review doctors that were different each time and none of them ever seemed to have read my notes.
Never cost me a penny, God bless the NHS, no such thing as insurance premiums here unless you go private.
I just thought it was a waste of my time and theirs to get me in once a year for 5 or 6 years and if I'd not made a fuss they'd probably still be doing it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:14 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:11 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:53 pm

You're loyal to HM, I respect that, but HM is no moderate, she's a right wing nutjob.
If she ever made her politics known and interfered with Parliament I'd be the first to man the guillotine.
And I'd be the first to shoot you dead before you could get within a kilometer of her.
You'd have to be a good shot to hit me from there.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:35 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:11 pm

If she ever made her politics known and interfered with Parliament I'd be the first to man the guillotine.
And I'd be the first to shoot you dead before you could get within a kilometer of her.
.338 Lapua Magnum : no problemo.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:47 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:35 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:29 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

.338 Lapua Magnum : no problemo.
Unrelated question, when are you going to Australia?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:49 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 pm
No, I've had the same GP since school. It's the review doctors that were different each time and none of them ever seemed to have read my notes.
Never cost me a penny, God bless the NHS, no such thing as insurance premiums here unless you go private.
I just thought it was a waste of my time and theirs to get me in once a year for 5 or 6 years and if I'd not made a fuss they'd probably still be doing it.
So we Canadians don't have premiums either...
But we also don't have these "reviews".
What is the point of this "review" system? How often does this happen?
Seems like a giant waste of taxpayer dollars... not to mention an intrusion into your personal life.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:53 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:15 pm
DrYouth wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:59 pm
I had a few impressive "breakdowns" in my 20s... with a few prolonged hospital stays... all in one year... I think I was 22.
Swanning about in rehab while ol' Smitty was at the battleschool of hard knocks with no tolerance for the weak.

SMH
Not rehab... psychiatry wards...
Plenty of hard knocks there.
Did some combat with orderlies. Psychic combat in various dimensions...
Laid a boot on one psychiatrist who unwisely approached me at the wrong moment.

It was a very strange odyssey of mythological proportions... spanning two continents, three countries and about 5 psych wards.

Hardened me up plenty.
Last edited by DrYouth on Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:56 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:49 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:23 pm
So we Canadians don't have premiums either...
But we also don't have these "reviews".
What is the point of this "review" system? How often does this happen?
Seems like a giant waste of taxpayer dollars... not to mention an intrusion into your personal life.
Exactly.
I mean, if I'd been violent or shown evidence of self-harm or something it would have been justified but some young kid who got a bit burned out a couple of times after some mushrooms and a bit of acid seems like a total waste of resources.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:05 pm

DrYouth wrote:
I mean, if I'd been violent or shown evidence of self-harm or something it would have been justified
Justified how? What are these reviews meant to accomplish?
I think this is what concerns people about socialized medicine... fortunately Canada has not gone down this road.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:09 pm

It's like when I dropped a caravan on my foot. I lost a couple of toenails (I had to pull them off as they were just hanging there) and probably broke both toes.
I didn't bother with A+E, I kept the wounds clean with saltwater and dressed the wounds with honey. A couple of weeks later my mother nagged me into going to see my GP. He commented that they were healing very well but tried to get me to go for an X-ray to see if they were broken. I said what's the point, you can't do anything about it now. He did admit it would be a waste of resources in the end and didn't try to make me take anti-biotics.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:05 pm
DrYouth wrote:
I mean, if I'd been violent or shown evidence of self-harm or something it would have been justified
Justified how? What are these reviews meant to accomplish?
I think this is what concerns people about socialized medicine... fortunately Canada has not gone down this road.
I guess they feel that they needed to monitor people in case they are a danger to themselves or others.
The NHS certainly isn't free from waste but we still pay half of what Americans pay for their healthcare.
Imagine what it would be like if there was a profit motive involved in continuing unnecessary reviews.