Re: Peace

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:14 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:06 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:05 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:56 pm
Older but bolder and English, I'm getting a chubb dog just thinking about it.

Being from Canader, I couldn't believe how forward they are in England, they just walk right up and grab you, like in the clubs, they'll just come right up to you for a snog.
Smart, pretty, and posh yet worked as a self-employed car mechanic.
8 years older than me which would make her 62 now, bet she's still fit though, didn't have an ounce of fat on her.
I love English girls, like, as you know, a snog doesn't mean anything, doesn't mean you're getting laid, but do they ever love Canadians, I guess they think we're all cowboys or lumberjacks or whatever, but once they know you're a Canadian, they are all over you at the club.
Probably just relieved to find out you weren't American.

Seriously though, Canadian is a bit of a novelty. Pretty rare around these parts anyway. One of my juggler mates married a Canadian girl and she's a lot of fun. Could just be because she's a juggler though, we're a special breed.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:16 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:12 pm
And of course, as a Canadian, you don't think you have an accent, but to them you do, like you're exotic in England, and every English girl back then would tell you about how her old gran or whoever was in love with a Canadian in the War.
They say American girls swoon for an English accent but I've never had the chance to take advantage of it so don't know how true it is.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:19 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:14 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:06 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:05 pm

Smart, pretty, and posh yet worked as a self-employed car mechanic.
8 years older than me which would make her 62 now, bet she's still fit though, didn't have an ounce of fat on her.
I love English girls, like, as you know, a snog doesn't mean anything, doesn't mean you're getting laid, but do they ever love Canadians, I guess they think we're all cowboys or lumberjacks or whatever, but once they know you're a Canadian, they are all over you at the club.
Probably just relieved to find out you weren't American.
Back then, they knew the difference, Canada had a cache, they thought we were all good boys, trustworthy, a Canadian won't do you wrong, a Canadian boy was like innocent, and they wanted to corrupt me.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:24 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:15 pm
Twice, both times I was dosed up with tranquilizers and sleeping tablets and woke up 99% sane in the morning and discharged myself.
I do remember the TV talking to me personally and getting so clingy with my girlfriend that she punched me in the mouth and gave me a thick lip.
2 nights in the ER on shrooms...

You call those "breakdowns"?

That's junior league.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:34 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:24 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:15 pm
Twice, both times I was dosed up with tranquilizers and sleeping tablets and woke up 99% sane in the morning and discharged myself.
I do remember the TV talking to me personally and getting so clingy with my girlfriend that she punched me in the mouth and gave me a thick lip.
2 nights in the ER on shrooms...

You call those "breakdowns"?

That's junior league.
Not ER. Psychiatric hospitals, but yeah breakdown is a bit of an exaggeration. Sorry to disappoint.
I had a hell of a time getting it off my medical record though.
Kept calling me in for reviews and I'd get quite annoyed about it. Probably didn't help that I'd let them know how pissed off I was.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:39 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:34 pm
Kept calling me in for reviews and I'd get quite annoyed about it. Probably didn't help that I'd let them know how pissed off I was.
You can get things off your medical record?
What for?

What kind of "reviews"?
Sounds Orwellian.

What were you pissed off about... the reviews?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:44 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:39 pm
What kind of "reviews"?
Sounds Orwellian.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:48 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:39 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:34 pm
You can get things off your medical record?
What for?

What kind of "reviews"?
Sounds Orwellian.

What were you pissed off about... the reviews?
They had me down as having an ongoing mental illness.
Yeah the reviews pissed me off.
I did convince my GP that it really wasn't necessary in the end but it took a few attempts.
There's only so many times you can tell a doctor you've never met before that it was just a case of sleep deprivation and nothing like it has happened since without getting irritated about it.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:59 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:48 pm
They had me down as having an ongoing mental illness.
Yeah the reviews pissed me off.
I did convince my GP that it really wasn't necessary in the end but it took a few attempts.
There's only so many times you can tell a doctor you've never met before that it was just a case of sleep deprivation and nothing like it has happened since without getting irritated about it.
So when you see a new doctor they comb through your file to see all your hospital visits...
That's terribly thorough of them...
I suppose they bill for this?

And then they quiz you about it?

And what are these "reviews"?
Do they affect your medical insurance premiums or something?

I had a few impressive "breakdowns" in my 20s... with a few prolonged hospital stays... all in one year... I think I was 22.
Somewhat related to hallucinogens... just weed really...
It's what got me interested in psychiatry actually. I took a leave my first year in medical school for this reason.
I then returned the next year and proceeded to graduate top of my class.

And I have never had a "review" or even been looked at funny by any of my GPs over the years.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:15 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:59 pm
I had a few impressive "breakdowns" in my 20s... with a few prolonged hospital stays... all in one year... I think I was 22.
Swanning about in rehab while ol' Smitty was at the battleschool of hard knocks with no tolerance for the weak.

SMH
Nec Aspera Terrent