Peace

brewster

Re: Peace

Post by brewster » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:13 am

Good luck. One man a little less angry at the world sounds like a win to me.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:32 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:03 am
I'm polite to those who are polite, if someone is being a stupid asshole, I'll say so.

I have no compunction about doing that on the street neither, much to my wife's chagrin at times.
Me too.
During the summer I went to the supermarket and parked next to a car with its engine running and a woman sat there looking at her phone. When I came out 10 minutes later the woman was still sat there with her engine still running.
I motioned to her to wind down her window and politely asked her if there was any reason for her engine to be running.
She looked most affronted to be asked and could only come up with ''it's hot''.
I wish I'd known at the time that it is a criminal offense in the UK. I would have videoed her and dobbed her in the selfish arsehole.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:32 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
I'm polite to those who are polite, if someone is being a stupid asshole, I'll say so.

I have no compunction about doing that on the street neither, much to my wife's chagrin at times.
Me too.
During the summer I went to the supermarket and parked next to a car with its engine running and a woman sat there looking at her phone. When I came out 10 minutes later the woman was still sat there with her engine still running.
I motioned to her to wind down her window and politely asked her if there was any reason for her engine to be running.
I wish I'd known at the time that it is a criminal offense in the UK. I would have videoed her and dobbed her in the selfish arsehole.
I don't confront women, I'm too intimidating in person, I don't want to frighten a woman.

With women, I let my wife take care of that, I just deal with the men.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:41 am

It's like when I start getting hot, my wife always says;

"Don't do it, you scare people, they're gonna call the cops, then we're gonna have to pay the lawyers"
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:47 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Me too.
I don't confront women, I'm too intimidating in person, I don't want to frighten a woman.

I wasn't trying to be intimidating, I was just trying to make her realise she was being a selfish bitch. I didn't swear or raise my voice or anything which could have been interpreted as intimidating.
She wasn't getting a pussy pass though and I would have done the same thing if she was a bloke.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:49 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:47 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 am
Montegriffo wrote:

Me too.

I wasn't trying to be intimidating,
I can't help it, I grew up in the hood, I was an army infantry drill instructor, I'm aggressive by nature

Even when I'm not being violent, I'm a scary guy to the bourgeoisie
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:57 am

This is what my wife always reminds me of, see.

She's like;

"you don't know what you look like to other people, when you get angry, you scare the shit out of them"

When she mentions the lawyers bills, that generally constrains me, that makes me think twice.

I don't get aggressive with women tho, I was raised old fashioned; "Send out yer man"

/Scots-Irish
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:27 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:57 am

She's like;

"you don't know what you look like to other people, when you get angry, you scare the shit out of them"

When she mentions the lawyers bills, that generally constrains me, that makes me think twice.

I don't get aggressive with women tho, I was raised old fashioned; "Send out yer man"

/Scots-Irish
I send out my wife to be the socialite, I'm sent out to be the person that tells it like it is. I told my wife a long time ago if you want to keep your friends, don't let me talk to them first. :P
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:30 am

The Conservative wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:27 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:57 am

She's like;

/Scots-Irish
I send out my wife to be the socialite, I'm sent out to be the person that tells it like it is. I told my wife a long time ago if you want to keep your friends, don't let me talk to them first. :P
Like I say, I follow the Scots-Irish way, if my wife is in a dispute, I am standing by, but where I come from, you don't fight the other guy's woman, you say to her "Send out yer man!"'

Boyfriend, husband, brother, whatever, send out your champion to fight for you.
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:32 am

brewster wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:13 am
Good luck. One man a little less angry at the world sounds like a win to me.
Call me skeptical, but it takes quite a bit for a leopard to change his spots. I hope the best for him, but this honestly is a long time coming.
#NotOneRedCent