Peace

Speaker to Animals

Peace

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 am

I need to drastically limit my participation in this forum.

A decade ago when I started posting here, my life was completely shattered. I had lost my family. I was in so much physical pain that I could not work. I could not complete my PhD. The injustices heaped upon me by that family court system shot through my cracked life like a bullet, shattering me into so many pieces.

It began almost like a game. I posted as a character. Over the years that character bled into my real life, scattering the broken pieces. I am sorry for my part in the animosity we unload upon one another here.

I am completely in love right now and I cannot have these things in my life any longer. I knew from the start that there can be no other woman for me. I never believed it can happen like this. If this does not work out, then I have no idea what I will do. I cannot risk these toxic posting patterns I was locked into for so long sabotaging my one chance at happiness.

None of you know what I was like before when I was very high-achieving. I was such a different person, headed for either a professorship at a university or a job in a private research lab. Now it feels like all those pieces are assembling again. She unpacks me and analyzes everything so calmly. My life is coming back together and I have to focus on getting back to work as a software engineer, starting a homestead and, most importantly, pursuing my one shot at true love.

Be good to one another. You are not strangers. You have all been sharing your thoughts, dreams, and pains with one another, daily, for so many years. I am sorry for my part in the toxicity. I love you guys.

Montegriffo

Re: Peace

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:01 am

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:57 am

gay

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:05 am

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:14 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 am

I need to drastically limit my participation in this forum.

A decade ago when I started posting here, my life was completely shattered. I had lost my family. I was in so much physical pain that I could not work. I could not complete my PhD. The injustices heaped upon me by that family court system shot through my cracked life like a bullet, shattering me into so many pieces.

It began almost like a game. I posted as a character. Over the years that character bled into my real life, scattering the broken pieces. I am sorry for my part in the animosity we unload upon one another here.

I am completely in love right now and I cannot have these things in my life any longer. I knew from the start that there can be no other woman for me. I never believed it can happen like this. If this does not work out, then I have no idea what I will do. I cannot risk these toxic posting patterns I was locked into for so long sabotaging my one chance at happiness.

None of you know what I was like before when I was very high-achieving. I was such a different person, headed for either a professorship at a university or a job in a private research lab. Now it feels like all those pieces are assembling again. She unpacks me and analyzes everything so calmly. My life is coming back together and I have to focus on getting back to work as a software engineer, starting a homestead and, most importantly, pursuing my one shot at true love.

Be good to one another. You are not strangers. You have all been sharing your thoughts, dreams, and pains with one another, daily, for so many years. I am sorry for my part in the toxicity. I love you guys.
Hey, that's great. So glad to hear you found another woman. If it weren't for my wife, I know I'd be a wreck.

In terms of it working out, my Da used to say "just be nice", which sounds simplistic, but it's kinda true, what he meant was; just make peace, don't let things fester, it's like when me and my wife are having a row, I just go to her and say "can't we just be friends?" Parley under white flag, like let's just call this off before it goes too far.

In terms of animosity or toxicity, there's no hard feelings from me, I've known you for years, I will always be your friend, the forum is like a hockey game, it gets rowdy on the ice, fights break out, but off the ice everybody goes for beer after.

Just take care of your woman, have fun together, enjoy the ride.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:29 am

It's a forum. We're just pretend versions of ourselves over here. I get it can seep into reality if you linger to long. Lines getting blurry.

Try to be your best version with your woman. If you slip up, apologize. If she slips up, remember it could have been you.

Kintsugi is the ancient Japanese art of repairing broken pottery by mending it with gold. As a philosophy, it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, rather than something to disguise.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:46 am

I don't think I'm a pretend version of me on here.
WYSIWYG.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:48 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:46 am
I don't think I'm a pretend version of me on here.
WYSIWYG.
What a horrible thought.

:P

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:53 am

I bet you're actually polite IRL.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:03 am

I'm polite to those who are polite, if someone is being a stupid asshole, I'll say so.

I have no compunction about doing that on the street neither, much to my wife's chagrin at times.
Nec Aspera Terrent