Tennis
No votes

Total votes: 13

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Poll: What is the most overrated sport

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:43 am
For instance, people keep talking all kinds of shit about the corporatacracy and whatnot. Stop fucking playing their game. Just stop. You are all free. You can do whatever the fuck you want to do. You are not the slave of corporations unless you willingly submit to it. Don't go into debt if you can at all avoid it. Build businesses and trades in the alternative economy. Figure out how to get some land and work it. Check out from that system.

Everybody is volunteering to suck Mammon's balls and then complaining about how Mammon shoves his balls down their throat.
You do not have the option to completely check out. Mammon owns your sources of water, healthcare, and food. You will pay property tax to mammon, or he will take ‘your’ land. In some regions, he owns the rain itself.

But that wasn’t the point of discussion here. Actually achieving greatness has never been harder. You’re not allowed to do Great Things, other than write a book that Mammon approves of.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:47 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:37 pm
You’re not allowed to do Great Things, other than write a book that Mammon approves of.
That's silly, what are you "not allowed to do" that you'd like? Organize a raiding party on the next town? We as a society have achieved so much that greatness simply has a higher bar today, excluding of course the empty calories of sports or pop culture fame. As I said, you need to do something that changes the course of people's lives for the better, even if it's just a few under the right circumstances. Doctors, soldiers, teachers, inventors, politicians and a select few artists are examples of people who have opportunity to make that kind of change. But like most of us, few actually do.

Curious, who are your "heroes"?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:30 pm

brewster wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:47 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
You’re not allowed to do Great Things, other than write a book that Mammon approves of.

Don’t think I have many left. Garrison Keillor I suppose, Michael Jordan, The astronauts, and a few musicians.

Great Men were leaders and providers. The town sheriff, the tribal chieftain, the Man who brought his people to safety. The great explorers, the lone rangers. People who advanced humanity through guts and skill.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:16 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:30 pm
brewster wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:47 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Don’t think I have many left. Garrison Keillor I suppose, Michael Jordan, The astronauts, and a few musicians.

Great Men were leaders and providers. The town sheriff, the tribal chieftain, the Man who brought his people to safety. The great explorers, the lone rangers. People who advanced humanity through guts and skill.
So why do you think those type of heroes can't emerge today?

I will point out that some of those "classes" like astronauts are people being given credit for the work of many, doing so is apparently a human trait. We can't relate to thousands of Apollo engineers being the heroes, so we focus on the one guy there in the helmet. Sometimes it's a matter of who get the best press, or seeks it out. Edison was a publicity hound, but Tesla was probably much brighter.

There were recent articles about a man who is not a household name, Juan Sebastián Elcano. Who was he? Magellan's 2nd in command, who actually completed the 2nd half of the circumnavigation. There are theories that Spain didn't want to make him a hero due to his Basque origins, since that might make the Basques even more uppity.

Personally, my heroes tend to be people like Churchill, Dylan or Tesla who didn't give a crap what other people thought, and just stuck to their guns no matter what, even when it meant years or decades of failure. Most people feel the need put their nose to the wind and to conform.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:20 pm

I love how a sports thread became a sports hater thread. Fucking clown show.
*yip*

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:22 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:20 pm
Don't you think the title kinda invited it?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:31 pm

brewster wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:22 pm
StCapps wrote:
I suppose. But Sports Haters can go suck a bag of dicks regardless.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:58 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:31 pm
brewster wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Overrated doesn't mean hate, it just means it gets too much hype

It's not that I hate soccer, I do watch the World Cup,

it's just not the most entertaining sport, despite being ranked number one by far
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:58 pm
StCapps wrote:
brewster wrote:

it's just not the most entertaining sport, despite being ranked number one by far
Indeed but discussion of overrated sports is bound to be interpreted as "All sports are overrated" to the sport haters. Their derp was bound to show up at some point, but that doesn't make it any less pathetic.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:14 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:12 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:58 pm
StCapps wrote:

Indeed but discussion of overrated sports is bound to be interpreted as "All sports are overrated" to the sport haters. Their derp was bound to show up at some point, but that doesn't make it any less pathetic.
Sports haters are wo-men
Nec Aspera Terrent