When is it rude to tell someone their beliefs are false?

Always. One should always strive to respect each other's beliefs, no matter what they are.
No votes
When the beliefs are religious or cultural.
43%
Never.
57%

Total votes: 7

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:16 am

So, I've participated in and seen lots of ridicule over SJW positions like the whole transpersons thing alot here over the years. Yet when a member criticizes someone else's religious beliefs or some other deeply held beliefs, both the person whose beliefs are ridiculed AND several other forumgoers, will remark or react in a way as if the one mocking the other forumgoer's beliefs was way out of line.

To me, this is simply a case of, or version of the: "Home is always right"/"You don't shit where you sleep" sort of mentality. A sense that you are supposed to respect the members of your community, where the community is this forum.

But there's always something that struck me with Americans, a sort of historically unspoken compact between them that says: "You have your beliefs, I have mine, and since a nation of immigrants from all over the world will have dozens of beliefs, we best stay clear of criticizing each other's beliefs. To keep the peace between us."

SJW mentality is, I think, targeted as wrong because of the way it harrasses people who don't accept their beliefs, or seeks to create laws that force others to make their beliefs what everyone wants to follow, but what if they did not act like that? What if some transgender guy simply said: "I am a woman, despite looking like a male and having a dick", and he didn't insist you believe in his claim?

Would you still tell him and/or anyone else that his beliefs about what he is or isn't, is wrong? Or would you consider that disrespectful, a breach of the same unspoken compact I've alluded to earlier? IOW, treat transgenders like you'd treat a member of a religion you didn't follow but you'd feel you owe respect to another individual's personal beliefs?

I personally like to think that that whole, "You can't criticize someone else's personal beliefs" mentality, is what gave rise to the SJW crowd. If you have to tip-toe to protect everyone's feelings all the time, if you can't simply say: "Nope, that's simply not true" when someone remarks that what they believe in, is wrong, false, incorrect, non-factual or else risk they get offended... then isn't it natural that that sentiment should carry over into every loonybin type beliefs there might be?

Anyway, the question is aimed more at answering how one should react in a particular, hypothetical individual-to-individual social situation where you've come across someone with personal beliefs that you know for a fact are absolutely wrong, but where the untruth is clearly taken as truth by the other person.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Smitty-48

Re: When is it rude to tell someone their beliefs are false?

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:24 am

It's all about the government

Don't try to use the law to impose your tranny faggot commie shit, and we wont have to kill you in a civil war.

You wanna ram tranny faggot commie shit down peoples throats by way of the federal government?

War.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:27 am

Yeah, I don't give a shit what you believe as long as you don't use the government as a weapon to impose your agenda against those you disagree with, then we have beef.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:32 am

It's like I never used to have any beef with faggots nor trannies.

Until they became commies trying to ram their crazy shit down peoples throats by legislative enforcement.

Now I want them all hung from the lampposts.
Nec Aspera Terrent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:34 am

The question of government aside, though, do either of you think it rude/disrespectful/bad manners to tell someone to their face that what they believe in (be it religion or personal belief) is wrong? Let's say a male tranny commie in a face to face conversation with you, said: "Well, as a woman, I understand the plight of women...". Would you tell them they weren't actually a woman?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:36 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:32 am
It's like I never used to have any beef with faggots nor trannies.

Until they became commies trying to ram their crazy shit down peoples throats by legislative enforcement.

Now I want them all hung from the lampposts.
Pissing off potential allies in letting them live they way see fit, by using government force against those who disagree with them made them into an enemy. If they just backed off and didn't try to force people to accept their bullshit, I would have no beef with them, but they refuse to do that.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:38 am

BjornP wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:34 am
The question of government aside, though, do either of you think it rude/disrespectful/bad manners to tell someone to their face that what they believe in (be it religion or personal belief) is wrong? Let's say a male tranny commie in a face to face conversation with you, said: "Well, as a woman, I understand the plight of women...". Would you tell them they weren't actually a woman?
I would tell them that for the most part, the "plight of women" is all in their head, and they've been brainwashed by a victim mentality. Then if they start acting like a twat, acting like the government needs to step in to stop people from expressing that attitude or go on some gay pronoun rant, I'd probably call them a dude just to piss them off. If they don't act like a dumbass, I won't go out of my way to troll them with the truth, and let their delusions slide, if they come at me with really stupid virtue signaling bullshit to justify government intervention to give them a "safe space", I might have verbally smack them upside the head.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:41 am

BjornP wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:34 am
Nah, I don't care about peoples delusions until those delusions become a threat to my liberty.

I would just let it be, because if I got into it with them, it could turn into a fight and I have a wicked temper.

Some tranny pisses me off, I might end up in jail for pummeling the shit out of them.

I don't like trannies, I don't like faggots, I don't want to bother them tho, live and let live.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:50 am

Thing about trannies and faggots, they have chips on their shoulders

They like to rub it in peoples faces to get a reaction.

I don't take the bait, I don't care, just leave me be, and I'll leave you be,

The problem with the left is that they do not embrace live and let live, they want a confrontation.

They will at some point incite a fascist backlash, then I'll just let the fascists kill them.

I'm not fash, but I got no sympathy for the left if they push things until it comes to that.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:55 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:50 am
Thing about trannies and faggots, they have chips on their shoulders

They like to rub it in peoples faces to get a reaction.

I don't take the bait, I don't care, just leave me be, and I'll leave you be,

The problem with the left is that they do not embrace live and let live, they want a confrontation.

They will at some point incite a fascist backlash, then I'll just let the fascists kill them.
They are free to have a chip on their shoulder, don't really care, but if they try and take that out on me, as if people like me are the reason they have that chip on their shoulder, then they are going to get trolled and get a taste of their own medicine. Be careful what you wish for Tranny Commies, because if you think you are going to get the better end of the verbal sparring, you are mistaken. They'll be the one's getting upset, not me. If they expect special treatment like they are on a pedestal, they won't be getting it from me.
*yip*