why are scandis so polite?

TheReal_ND

Re: why are scandis so polite?

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:00 am

If nothing else it will be good for a laugh. "remember the time that crazy motherfucker tried to join the FFL? Yeah neither do I"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:04 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:56 pm
I could do it I have no doubt. If given a shot I will. We will see. It's not up to me I put my faith in the lordyqnd walk tall. What else can I do? I can look and see what might be cool qnd powwibl if I just try and I see this. I don't actually see a lot of other things for me.
There's certainly all kinds of ways to get disqualified, you won't know until you get there and find out.

The thing is to make them disqualify you, don't quit, just keep going until they say get lost.

Like I say, you can call them on the phone and ask questions before you go, they are listed in the phone book.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:10 am

I could do that but I would just get a flat no. I already know. I am not as stupid as you may think. I will go there and trick them instead. Once I have proven myself they will be forced to give me a shot.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:14 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:10 am
I could do that but I would just get a flat no. I already know. I am not as stupid as you may think. I will go there and trick them instead. Once I have proven myself they will be forced to give me a shot.
The thing to keep in mind is that the Legion is practically a religion.

Think of it like a Military Monastery.

You go there to find yourself, to be in a unique brotherhood, to be a warrior monk.

There's no gibs, there's no frills, it's hard, its tough, it's rigorous, it's harsh discipline.

The draw of the Legion is redemption by suffering.

This is a Roman Catholic culture after all, the Legion is like that, it's Calvary.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 am

Catholics call it penance. Wether it gets you in to heaven or something, idk. I've never repented

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:24 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:17 am
Catholics call it penance. Wether it gets you in to heaven or something, idk. I've never repented
Well this would be the place you'd prolly repent in.

First off there's the harsh discipline, if you fuck around, they will punish you.

Then there's the isolation from the outside world, you are living beyond society, it's a society unto itself.

Then there's the remoteness, they will deploy you to the middle of nowhere, the ends of the earth.

Then there's the danger, because you will have very high chance of getting into action and taking contact.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:26 am

I did go to confession finally. I am a terrible son and father. That's what I told him. Told him I was a drunk. Good for nothing. He asked if I knew the hail Mary and our father to which I said yes and told me to read some st. Francis de sales. Told me to pray every day. Wake up with a few hail Marys. Pray trough the day. Reflect on prayer in the evening. Do something wholesome with my time instead of drinking. Hopefully someday mend my family.

So I decided maybe now is the time to join the French Foreign Legion.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:31 am

So that's what I'm going to do. Idk if it's normal or not but I suspect it is for white males to look for alternatives. So that's what I have decided to do.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:32 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:26 am
So I decided maybe now is the time to join the French Foreign Legion.
Well it's not a good place for quitting drinking.

Because of the grind, when they do get time off, they party hard

And most of them are young, so it's all about drinking and poon.

And it's a lot less restrictive than the US military when it comes to drinking, the French allow a lot of drinking.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:38 am

I don't want to quit drinking I just want to quit using it as a crutch when I'm bored. Abstaining is actually kind of a lie. It sets yourself up for failure for your whole life so that you join some stupid club like AA. If I have something better to do like work or sleep or family I don't drink. If I have nothing to do at all with my life I drink. That's the way I go really. But yes, I do worry it is getting out of hand. Because I have nothing else going for me maybe. Maybe I mess up whatever I have going for me with drink but I can't think of a time when I've had that tbh.