why are scandis so polite?

Smitty-48

Re: why are scandis so polite?

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:17 pm

That's what the Legion is tho.

The army of last resort if you've been rejected by your own military for whatever reason.

Americans are there because they want to serve in an elite military unit, but they have criminal records.

The Legion only rejects for major crimes, murder, kidnapping, drug trafficking. Minor charges they overlook.

That's why they don't offer anything but the Kepi Blanc. If you want to see the Elephant, they will hire you.

They're not offering any gibs, this is your last resort, take it or leave it.

It's better than being homeless tho. I would join the Legion before I would live on the street,

It's three hots and a cot in the French Armee, world class military training and exotic adventures.

It's different I suppose if one has already served as an infantryman, one then knows what it's like.

It's difficult to explain to a civilian what the infantry is like, you have to experience it for yourself really.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:33 pm

I would certainly choose the legion over living on the street. I would certainly respect the man that at least took the effort to do so.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:36 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:33 pm
I would certainly choose the legion over living on the street. I would certainly respect the man that at least took the effort to do so.
Well you have self respect and the respect of your peers.

They say; "a Legionnaire is intelligent, a Legionnaire is strong, a Legionnaire is a good comrade above all."

It is a harsh realm, but it's not jail, it's not living on the street, it's a band of brothers.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:45 pm

Jungle Warfare training in the Amazon.

That's a more interesting and instructive place to be homeless.

All you need in the jungle is a hammock with an insect net and a poncho.

Keeps the rain off you, keeps the bugs off you, keeps you off the ground.

You sleep like a baby, drift off to the sound of the rain forest.

Extreme homelessness for personal growth and adventure.

When you patrol in the jungle it's brutally hard, you go cross grain, up the hill down the hill, bush, heat and bugs.

But what do you feel? This is fucking amazing, I'm at the tip of the spear, once in a lifetime experience.

You're out in the boonies, but you're doing things other guys only read about in books, you're living it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:05 pm

The recreation and entertainment is all about camaraderie.

You're always hanging with your crew, shooting the shit, playing pranks, gambling, drinking, sports, etc.

You also get a high off being so fit. Like training for the Olympics, you're pushing your limits, finding a new level.

There's also lots of shooting and blowing shit up. Always fun.

There's helicopters, parachuting, diving, mountaineering, there's always another course to take, another level.

You gotta love it, you gotta love being in the field, happy warrior, take it to the limit, no quit.

Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:26 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:45 pm
Jungle Warfare training in the Amazon.

That's a more interesting and instructive place to be homeless.

All you need in the jungle is a hammock with an insect net and a poncho.

Keeps the rain off you, keeps the bugs off you, keeps you off the ground.

You sleep like a baby, drift off to the sound of the rain forest.

Extreme homelessness for personal growth and adventure.

When you patrol in the jungle it's brutally hard, you go cross grain, up the hill down the hill, bush, heat and bugs.

But what do you feel? This is fucking amazing, I'm at the tip of the spear, once in a lifetime experience.

You're out in the boonies, but you're doing things other guys only read about in books, you're living it.
Man. That sounds cool as shit no lie. I have to try. I have to. I'll kill myskef personally if I don't try.

But first, I have to figure out how the fuck to get a passport

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:31 pm

I am think we pissed Carlus off by entertaining my delusions of adventure

I don't care tho

I'm going to do it. I'm not going to let another opportunity skate by

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:34 pm

And what is the difference if I don't? A world of pain and nothing. I can at least try and if given an opportunity runtill I like everyday and still be more contented than I am now. The FFL was made for people like me. Some people need second and third chances. Some people never gave themeseya chance. I don't want to be one of those sad sorry souls.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:34 pm
And what is the difference if I don't? A world of pain and nothing. I can at least try and if given an opportunity runtill I like everyday and still be more contented than I am now. The FFL was made for people like me. Some people need second and third chances. Some people never gave themeseya chance. I don't want to be one of those sad sorry souls.
It's not a world of pain. It's more the chickenshit that gets to you in the end.

You have to submit to the team and the chain of command. You have to adhere to the regiment.

You have to put up with the grind, the monotonous work and menial tasks.

After five years you'll have had your fill of it. But you only live once.

It's a military elite, guys want to do it, just to have been that, to have been that guy, who went all the way.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:56 pm

I could do it I have no doubt. If given a shot I will. We will see. It's not up to me I put my faith in the lordyqnd walk tall. What else can I do? I can look and see what might be cool qnd powwibl if I just try and I see this. I don't actually see a lot of other things for me.