Smitty-48

Re: why are scandis so polite?

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:37 am

Légion étrangère, recrutement depot.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:03 pm

I am legit a bit jealous. I wish I could go. In hindsight, I would have been happier doing that for most of my early life and then retire in my early forties with a pension and a shit ton of Parisian French women with daddy issues to lay into.

If anything else, maybe do the five years, go to a French university (do they have something like ROTC?) and try to get a commission in the army so that I could go back as an officer. Though.. I am not sure if they let foreigners command the Foreign Legion any longer. There might be a loophole, however, if you get your nationality in your first term of enlistment and then go to to college and apply for a commission. But would they let you go back to the Foreign Legion? I dunno.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:15 pm

The Heart of the Legion.

A Canadian joins in this film.

From Toronto.

This is Afghanistan War, so very current.

The interviews are important, don't bullshit them, just tell the truth.

Tough, but fair. Rough, but professional.

It's five years hard labor, but it's not jail.

They have esprit de corps, it's a brotherhood, honor and fidelity.

The men to the left and right of you, they relying on you, you relying on them.

Expendable downrange, but not cannon fodder.

Elite shock infantry, world class training, state o' the art equipment, artillery and air support.

The barracks are well maintained, food is good, uniforms are fancy, six weeks paid vacation per year.

Everybody is a serious guy, living the dream, there to do the job, anybody who isn't, they don't make it.

They start from scratch, raw recruits, they build you up, it's all inclusive.

Not supermen. Just the guys who wanted it more and didn't quit,

Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:03 pm
I am legit a bit jealous. I wish I could go. In hindsight, I would have been happier doing that for most of my early life and then retire in my early forties with a pension and a shit ton of Parisian French women with daddy issues to lay into.

If anything else, maybe do the five years, go to a French university (do they have something like ROTC?) and try to get a commission in the army so that I could go back as an officer. Though.. I am not sure if they let foreigners command the Foreign Legion any longer. There might be a loophole, however, if you get your nationality in your first term of enlistment and then go to to college and apply for a commission. But would they let you go back to the Foreign Legion? I dunno.
I think that's the main selling point. Getting a French citizenship. I could go to prison, break out and smuggle myself into France and nobody could touch me.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:43 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:13 pm
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:03 pm

I think that's the main selling point. Getting a French citizenship. I could go to prison, break out and smuggle myself into France and nobody could touch me.
You don't ever want to use your old name again once they give you a new identity. No US passport. Nothing. Ghost.

For Americans, everything is a shit sandwich because Uncle Sam still thinks he owns you even if you leave the country for good. They will want to tax you to death even while you are serving in another country's armed forces, for instance.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:08 pm

I was thinking about it today. What are they going to do if I check "no" in the "do you have any other names box?"

I'm sure they could fuck me but I want to rebel against this very gay country

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:22 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:08 pm
I was thinking about it today. What are they going to do if I check "no" in the "do you have any other names box?"

I think you can join them with your American name if you want. It's up to you. Otherwise, they will just give you a new one. But I am pretty sure once you go the new identity route, they won't want you coming back here under your old name while you are on leave.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:22 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:

I think you can join them with your American name if you want. It's up to you. Otherwise, they will just give you a new one. But I am pretty sure once you go the new identity route, they won't want you coming back here under your old name while you are on leave.
No I mean if somehow I pull this off and get a new name but still want my benis from two different countries

I don't really care I think french benifits are way better than America. They shit in our cereal and call it a benifit

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:43 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:41 pm
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:22 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:

No I mean if somehow I pull this off and get a new name but still want my benis from two different countries

I don't really care I think french benifits are way better than America. They shit in our cereal and call it a benifit
What gibs do you get here?

I mean.. I suppose you can apply for social security when you are old, but that will just be change compared to a pension in France, especially if you retire.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:06 pm

I won't even get social security. I get nothing. Not even a fuggin hand job