why are scandis so polite?

TheReal_ND

why are scandis so polite?

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:21 am

I'm not talking about the assholes on this forum like Bjorn but in every other instance I encounter nords they are polite to the point of being too polite like Canadians are. The difference is that Canadians are just fakers and behind the facade are really passive aggressive bitches. Mind you I AM NOT talking about the Canadians on this forum because A) I don't want to argue with Capps and B) smitts is really cool.

Anyway, I listen to a Nordic podcast and it features a couple swedes and a finn. They occasionally get Norway and Iceland and even Denmark iirc on the show and it's just polite af. I'm truly in awe of how level headed they are while they talk about all the egregious shit going on in their countries. It almost seems like a super power. I want to be like them but I don't know how the fuck they do it. How the hell do you get through life so calmly?

Hastur

Re: why are scandis so polite?

Post by Hastur » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:38 am

It's called conflict avoidance. They come from a consensus culture. True collectivists. Don't poke your head out, you might lose it.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:46 am

To me,it just seems super cool. Like alpha male. One of the things that attracts me to Christianity is how "take it on the chin" or "stiff upper lip" it is. I want to be like that. I want to emulate that. For some people like me it seems masculine. Bitching about things and getting worked up seems feminine.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am

There is a certain power to it, culturally. Society is like a lumbering monolithic giant. You can't imagine it changing but then it does and its sudden. Like an enormous flock of starlings all changing direction at once.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:20 am

Hastur wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am
There is a certain power to it, culturally. Society is like a lumbering monolithic giant. You can't imagine it changing but then it does and its sudden. Like an enormous flock of starlings all changing direction at once.
Well I appreciate you sticking your neck out to attempt and answer my question. More than can be said for a lot of nords. I bet you are something of an odd-ball. You want to know something? I would cut my dick off to live in a Scandinavian country. Much more so for a place like Sweden where I wouldn't even have to worry about being on the street and starving. But I'm in America. Land of milk and honey. I rage so much that Africans and others get to just move there and act like they own the place. Not fair for you. Not fair for anyone. But I'm cool and calm about it. I am trying to learn how to be like nords.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:32 am

The debating culture is very different from what it is here and I suspect in America, generally. While Sweden is famous for its consensus culture, where everyone is expected to fall in line, Denmark is a little different. We adhere to an unspoken expectation that everyone in a (live) debate is allowed to speak, and the purpose is less about "scoring points" using some five second soundbyte to demonize your opponents views or blow them out of proportion, and more about compromise, not consensus. Or that's the common ideal, anyway. Generally if you show up to a debate, it's expected that you respect that the other participants get their say. There's the same "freezing someone out" as the Swedes, though.

And just for the record, Nuke, I am much more polite when I debate with other Danes, no matter their political views. It's simply easier to have a political, philosophical/ethical/religious/etc. discussion with a fellow Dane (for me, at least) than it is with an American. When I go to this forum, I adapt to how it works. Voicing any sort of disagreement with the consensus in this place, and you get labelled a Marxist or Marxist sympathizer (which is like getting labelled a "racist" for the SJW crowd). It can sometimes lead to the sort of intelligent discussions we had back on the DCF, but often see no point in trying to engage in debates here. It's Sweden if it was an internet forum, tbh, just with different politics.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:39 am

Nobody cares about communism anymore. That shit is such a failed abstraction of the fact we are dominated by the media. Everything is beating us on the head to tell us Trump should be in jail while Biden and his FBI cronies get away with fucking over the entire world. We are so sick of it that when you come here spouting that shit we react viscerally. I don't think I'm speaking for myself when I say I'm glad ssu is not here anymore. We are so fuggin tired of that bullshit that anyone with an IQ above lukewarm can see through. Maybe it's different in Europe where..... it's a lot different and slightly more scary what the msm is doing to you.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:42 am

Picture of the Overton window in Sweden:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:44 am

Nice commieblock

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:47 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:21 am
they are polite to the point of being too polite like Canadians are. The difference is that Canadians are just fakers and behind the facade are really passive aggressive bitches. Mind you I AM NOT talking about the Canadians on this forum because A) I don't want to argue with Capps and B) smitts is really cool.
Fakers and passive aggressive bitches indeed, fuck Canadians for the most part. We know you aren't talking about us, no need to walk on eggshells nuke, you're talking about the Eskimo Communist faggots, like most Canadians over on the MLF.
*yip*