Taxation without representation, home ownership and other forms of taxes.

StCapps

Re: Taxation without representation, home ownership and other forms of taxes.

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:53 pm
Suppose so..... still, they have a better judicial system. That video that went around of NRM breaking through a police barricade with shields landed some guys in trouble. But it turned out they had a permit to assemble and the police were corraling them like they did at C-ville. The court ruled they had the right to break the police barricade. That would never happen here. I don't think most people understand just how fucking polite Swedes are. Thats not the only example of right wing activists getting justice in Sweden either. Sure some of them have to pay a fine for denying the Holocaust but they go to work the next day. Try that with your employer sometime.
No they don't. These are the chumps that kept ASAP Rocky in jail because some dude attacked him. They don't even have bail. Their judicial system is garbage, and beholden to SJW laws that America finds Orwellian.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:58 pm

That was highly political. If Trump didn't stick his nose in to garner black votes that wouldn't have happened. That kind of injustice is so rare in Sweden prominent swedish lawyers and politicians openly remarked how exceptional it was. I still think Scandinavian justice is superior to US justice. I can't be proved wrong.

Btw, Rocky dissed Trump. He deserved it dumb boomer

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:01 pm

And getting jumped by immigrants was the best thing that ever happened to that mumble rapping literal who nigger

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Sweden is an Orwellian hellhole these days, they've jumped the shark as badly as Canada has. Identity politics is in the bones now, it's far worse off than America, including it's judicial system. You are engaging in the grass is always greener fallacy, it simply isn't true.
*yip*

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:02 pm

No taxation without representation is a call to more representation, and an argument against government legitimacy (and thus its right to levy taxes) if that government does not represent your interests.

A government that seeks to actively limit representation, to actively prevent people from getting heard, is one that delegitimizes itself.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:04 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:12 pm
You are engaging in the grass is always greener fallacy, it simply isn't true.
Sounds like you are doing that, i.e idealizing another country, with the US.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:05 pm

Well that took an unexpected turn! But I wanted to go back and respond to this:
TheReal_ND wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:41 pm
brewster wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:30 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:24 pm
That's some next level projection. Gay marriage wouldn't be real if it wasn't for jews. Ask Joe if you don't believe me
Yes, gasp, Jews have fought for everyone's civil rights, even yours when you finally end up on death row. Isn't it awful?
Lmao you talking about the baby killers you go out of your way to free? We don't want those people alive. Even if they are our own. You know the difference between me and you? You are going to circle the wagons for any old degenerate. I will not circle the wagons for people that deserve death. Why you want them to live and pollute society must be a mystery to some
The fact is I don't have a problem in the world killing some villain for his crimes. My problem is with racist assholes like you that abused the justice system to the point that we have no idea who is actually guilty. People have been with released from death row with incontrovertible evidence that the cops and prosecutors lied, withheld evidence, created evidence, and suborned perjury.
I believe accused people have rights to competent representation and a fair trial. Radical, huh?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:08 pm

BjornP wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:04 pm
StCapps wrote:
The grass is greener in America though, that's the difference. Americans acting like the grass is always greener on the other side, when it's actually brown, is just delusional.
*yip*

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:24 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:08 pm
BjornP wrote:
StCapps wrote:
The grass is greener in America though, that's the difference.
Meh, depends on your personal beliefs, I'd say. To a leftist monarchist who loves his country and tribe, what matters to me isn't anyone else's grass. Only our own grass.

To a republican classical liberal, though? Yeah, ideologically I can understand the appeal even if I don't share it.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:27 pm

BjornP wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:24 pm
StCapps wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:08 pm
BjornP wrote:

The grass is greener in America though, that's the difference.
Meh, depends on your personal beliefs, I'd say. To a leftist monarchist who loves his country and trine, what matters to me isn't anyone else's grass. Only our own grass.

To a republican, classical liberal, though? Yeah, ideologically I can understand the appeal even if I don't share it.
Even as a leftist monarchist, you should note how green America's grass is. America is defending your monarchy and propping up your reckless spending and government intervention with their economic and military might. Without them, your monarchy and leftist welfare state would be in worse shape, you'd have to spend more on your own defense and would have less wealth to spend on your welfare state. Without America using it's military might to provide freedom on navigation, Denmark would be much poorer.

Even as republican classical liberals, America does a better job of defending Lefty Monarchist Denmark's interests than your own government. You are living off of American power and prosperity, so stop looking that gift horse in the mouth just because they have a different ideological outlook that you happen to disagree with, but benefit greatly from.

The same applies to Canada, who protects the British Crown and props up Canada economically better than America? Certainly not Canada.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*