Taxation without representation, home ownership and other forms of taxes.

StCapps

Re: Taxation without representation, home ownership and other forms of taxes.

Post by StCapps » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:51 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:13 pm
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am

One more time - the point of my post was to mock the futility of stating that.

Everyone knows it would benefit leftist shithole states to reduce taxes. But anyone with at least one firing brain cell knows they won’t do the same bc their goal is not a free economy. Ergo, its pointless say what they should do.
Your point is not important to the point I am making, and never was. You just have a knee jerk tendency to chastise everyone for not being as big of a SIFCLF as yourself and always think doom and gloom is the only point worth talking about. You're MHF Eeyore.
:lol:

Hmm....why don't you poll the forum as to whether collectivists communist states will reduces taxes or crash and burn...make sure there's a third option...for shit n' giggles.
Why don't you start a poll Eeyorxer? Since it's the only thing you want to talk about and all.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:43 pm

StCapps wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:27 pm
Why don't you start a poll Eeyorxer? Since it's the only thing you want to talk about and all.
Start a poll, biiitch.

Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:45 pm

I heard there is a poll and I showed up as soon as I could

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:23 pm

brewster wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:32 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:23 pm
brewster wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:59 pm

Tax cuts to raise revenue really don't have much to do with Fed policy. Laffer was wrong, supply side was wrong. It never trickled down, the top quintile has gained tremendously since Reagan and everyone else has been lucky not to lose ground. Earnings have been flat. The entire theory is wrong, what Krugman calls 'Zombie Economics', the theory so attractive to those who benefit it simply won't die. It was wrong for Reagan, it was wrong for Bush, it was wrong for Kansas, just fucking wrong.

TC wants the benefits of living in a high tax state, good jobs and services, without paying for them. He doesn't want to move his family to a low tax state. Neither would I, but I don't bitch about it. He could, but he'd rather complain he's not getting his free lunch.
50% of my income is gone before I see it then I pay another 6% on top of that with whatever I buy after being taxed when I get paid, what am I seeing out of those taxes? As far as I can tell, we have some of the worst infrastructure upkeep in the country, our schools are some of the most expensive in the world, and we have one party political system which is destroying the social fabric of what it means to be a family, never mind an American.

What I want is something in where we see our money being used for it's original purpose.
Moving next door to NH which is the 5th lowest would only save you 2.34% in tax. You're barking up the wrong tree, apparently because it feelz good to beat your ideology drum more than having a practical better solution. BTW, GOP administrations never make the government smaller, they just shift the money stream from poor people to rich people. Taxes in NJ did not go down a bit in 8 years of Christie.
Democrats have run IL, CA, and MA.

All three have regions that are considered the worst in the country.

So please tell me again how the GOP is no better.

Hell, Michigan has one of the most significant disasters in the country because of the Democrats running the place into the ground. Flint anyone?
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:30 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:23 pm
brewster wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:23 pm

50% of my income is gone before I see it then I pay another 6% on top of that with whatever I buy after being taxed when I get paid, what am I seeing out of those taxes? As far as I can tell, we have some of the worst infrastructure upkeep in the country, our schools are some of the most expensive in the world, and we have one party political system which is destroying the social fabric of what it means to be a family, never mind an American.

What I want is something in where we see our money being used for it's original purpose.
Moving next door to NH which is the 5th lowest would only save you 2.34% in tax. You're barking up the wrong tree, apparently because it feelz good to beat your ideology drum more than having a practical better solution. BTW, GOP administrations never make the government smaller, they just shift the money stream from poor people to rich people. Taxes in NJ did not go down a bit in 8 years of Christie.

Hell, Michigan has one of the most significant disasters in the country because of the Democrats running the place into the ground. Flint anyone?
I agree with you, but... how’s the economy in Kansas these days?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:06 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:30 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:23 pm
brewster wrote:

I agree with you, but... how’s the economy in Kansas these days?
https://www.richstatespoorstates.org/states/KS/

About in the middle of the entire US... neither great or terrible... yet.

It is what we call a Trifecta, which means that you need bipartisan support to get anything passed, which is how government should work...
#NotOneRedCent